CFS: Forebearance's thread 35

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Forebearance, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi everyone,

I'm checking in for October. I hope you are all hanging in there!

This month I've been increasing my doses of Candidase and Virastop. For a long time I was on low maintenance doses of them both, taking one capsule a week. I think maybe I did that for about a year.

This month I've been taking one Candidase a day and two Virastop a week. I'm going to gradually increase the dose of Virastop so that I don't wipe myself out with it.

I've also been increasing the amount of colloidal silver I take from 20 to 30 sprays a day. That's still a pretty low dose, so I'll see if I can increase it.

I'm really feeling like hugging the Whittemores these days, for using their money to help us.

I share the concern others have expressed about whether some of us could tolerate powerful anti-retroviral drugs. Yikes. I guess it's time to research what types of natural things AIDS patients take.

I have heard that they eat a lot of coconut, which makes me want to continue with the Capryllic acid and add some monolaurin too. Maybe I'll see if I can increase the amount of Capryllic acid I take. Those are both broad spectrum antimicrobials found in coconut oil.

I noticed mention of the herb arteminisin as a possible treatment for retroviruses. I just want to re-note that I figured out a while ago that it looks like a combination of the supplement PGX and the herb arteminisin would be a possible natural equivalent to the drug Actos. Dr. Shoemaker uses Actos for his Lyme patients. So that is in interesting coincidence.

Maybe I'll have to try that herb. I've already tried the PGX and it seems very good at pulling out toxins, like other types of soluble fiber. It was a bit strong for me, causing bad constipation. I need to find a way of cutting the gelcaps or getting a smaller dose of it.

2. floyd000

floyd000 New Member

Good to see your post! I am trying the desert wandering thing myself. Currently in western Arizona near the Colorado. Feel okay. Sometimes I actually feel pretty good but I am still hypersensitive. Some of my tests from Dr. Shoemaker are starting to come back. It appears that I have the MARCONS (colonization of my nose). Waiting for the other tests to come back so I can have a telephone follow up.

3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Hi Forebearance - I read on Cort Johnson's board ( about HIV patients using low-dose naltrexone, and how it helped some from developing full-blown AIDS. This was in the context of a discussion about the XMRV virus.

I have the same concern as you about anti-virals. I have a very low tolerance for most drugs.

I recently "saw" (by phone) a new doctor in Tustin, California (I have to do a post about this) - very knowledgable and one of the things she talked about was doing low-dose naltrexone. It's supposed to be very non-toxic and very beneficial for the immune system.

So that gives me hope ...

Take care -

4. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I wish you all the best in your desert wandering, Andrew!
    That is brave of you to try it.
    I hope your next phone appt will go well.

Thanks for the idea, Mary! Cool. I'll have to research it.