CFS: Forebearance's thread 36

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Forebearance, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi everyone!

Wow, it's been three years since I began taking Virastop. Whew!

My report for this month is that I tried some monolaurin and it really packed a punch! It is a component of coconut oil, and I knew that AIDS patients sometimes eat a lot of coconut, so I thought I'd try it. I was out of my Caprylic acid, which is another component of coconut oil. It is very gentle, and fights Candida. So I took a monolaurin instead and was surprised at how powerful it was.

If I ever get H1N1, I'm going to take Virastop and monolaurin and I feel pretty sure that they should kill it.

People have been telling me that Lauridicin is a gentler form of lauric acid, so I might try that at one point.

I found some cookies called "Praeventia" by a company called Leclerc. They were in the Super Target. They have a type of fiber in them called inulin, and they felt like they did a good job of soaking up toxins. I would eat them even if they didn't soak up toxins, because they were very good. I was eating the chocolate ones shaped like little hearts.

This month my goal is to try some VIP. I'll see if it happens. It depends on my test results, and on my local doctor cooperating.

How are you all doing? How are things going for you, Andrew?

Love,
    Forebearance
  2. floyd000

floyd000 New Member

I am very hyper-reactive right now. If I can eat really well and avoid chemicals and mold I do much better. As soon as I walk into a Home Depot or moldy place it hits me like a ton of bricks.

I am still camping in southern Nevada. It's not too bad as long as the weather holds. It's currently about 82 and very sunny. Much better than Boston!!

In my testing with Dr. Shoemaker I tested positive for MARCoNS so I will begin taking medication to eradicate that from my nose. After 30 days I will get re-tested to see where things stand. I believe Dr. Shoemaker said the next step would be to address the ADH/OSMO (dehydration).

I will be very curious to hear your progress with VIP. Do you know anyone that has received positive results from taking it?

I've been taking Colloidal Silver for sinus problems and it HAS actually been helpful. Shoemaker says that any noticeable issues are unrelated to MARCoNS which are "silent" in their effects.

Best,

Andrew
  3. floyd000

floyd000 New Member

I am very hyper-reactive right now. If I can eat really well and avoid chemicals and mold I do much better. As soon as I walk into a Home Depot or moldy place it hits me like a ton of bricks.

I am still camping in southern Nevada. It's not too bad as long as the weather holds. It's currently about 82 and very sunny. Much better than Boston!!

In my testing with Dr. Shoemaker I tested positive for MARCoNS so I will begin taking medication to eradicate that from my nose. After 30 days I will get re-tested to see where things stand. I believe Dr. Shoemaker said the next step would be to address the ADH/OSMO (dehydration).

I will be very curious to hear your progress with VIP. Do you know anyone that has received positive results from taking it?

I've been taking Colloidal Silver for sinus problems and it HAS actually been helpful. Shoemaker says that any noticeable issues are unrelated to MARCoNS which are "silent" in their effects.

Best,

Andrew
  4. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi!!!!!!

So glad to hear you are doing well...it's such great news. It's a long road, I know.

What's VIP? Is it part of the Shoemaker protocol?

God Bless,

Elisabeth
  5. rampartrange

rampartrange New Member

Hello Anne, Elisabeth, Andrew, Lisa and everyone else !

Latest from Margie and Rock:

To have Margie live in a super low mold environment, we bought a 3 year old cottage (great deal on a foreclosure) at very high altitude on a high divide where the air flows well. Air samples and mold dog ("Molly the Mold Dog" from Denver CO) show it to be near perfect.

Margie is there recovering from the huge labor of the move, while I use the "main" house as my office.

Hope everybody is doing well !
    Cheers!
    Rock.
  6. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi everybody,

I hope the LDN works out well for you, Jam!

Boy do I understand what you mean about the hyperreactivity, Andrew. It makes life really tough. But it’s also nice to feel better when you are away from mold and chemicals. I hope your MARCoNS treatment goes well.

Southern Nevada sounds nice!

I think Tom Jarrett has had good results from VIP. He has a blog on Caring Bridge.

Elisabeth, VIP stands for Vasoactive Intestinal Polypeptide. It’s a hormone that mold illness patients tend to be low on. Yes, it’s part of the Shoemaker protocol. But I don’t see Dr. Shoemaker himself. I hope you are hanging in. Thanks so much for checking up on me!

Thanks for the report, Rock! I’m so glad that Margie has a safe place to live! It’s so cool that you have had the opportunity to use a mold dog.

Well, I got a chance to test out my theory of how to fight the H1N1 flu. I got it this past week. It was like the regular flu, except really bad. I’ve never ached so hard in my life. My cytokines must have been sky-high. Also, I’ve never made so much phlegm before. Gack.

I tried Tamiflu, but it didn’t agree with me. It made me really depressed. So I stuck to my natural things. I took extra colloidal silver and Virastop, and lots of monolaurin. The monolaurin that gave me such strong die-off symptoms when I tried it before the flu suddenly felt good when I had the flu.

When I started getting a stomach ache from virus die-off, I took two Benefiber caplets and felt better quickly. It reminded me of detoxing too fast, and I knew that soluble fiber solved that problem.

It’s been hard to walk the line between fighting the flu virus and starting a larger war with whatever underlying viruses I might have. I didn’t want to get into the larger war right now.

At least it solved the question of whether I should get the H1N1 vaccine or not. I had been debating it.

Love,
    Forebearance
    [This Message was Edited on 11/09/2009]
  7. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Well, something interesting happened to me.

I got ahold of some Lauricidin. I switched from the brand of monolaurin I was taking to the Lauridicin, and it seemed to be more effective. It healed me from the flu very efficiently.

But I think I may have accidentally healed myself a little bit from CFS also. As I've been recovering from the flu, I've had to stop taking Thytrophin completely, stop DHEA completely, and reduce the amount of calcium and magnesium that I take. I had been taking large amounts of cal and mag for years. It's like suddenly the rules have changed.

I suppose that getting well will involve making lots of adjustments in the doses of things that I take, so I had better get used to this process.

The whole thing is good, but very challenging. I'm really impressed with the Lauricidin. I was taking around 8-15 pearls a day to heal from the flu. When I'm stable again on my supplements, I'd like to try it again starting with just one pearl a day.

Love,
    Forebearance
  8. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

First, nice to hear from you - I enjoy your periodic updates!

That is really interesting news about the Lauricidin maybe helping to heal you a bit from CFS.

I know that many people who do the low-dose naltrexone therapy end up having to cut their thyroid meds because the ldn boosts thyroid functioning somehow. ldn modulates the immune system. So maybe the Lauricidin is doing something similar.

And it's also interesting that you found the brand Lauricidin to be more effective than generic monolaurin. I used virgin coconut oil a few years ago and found it very effective for candida - I herxed horribly on it! It worked really well, but I've been reluctant to take coconut oil on a continuing basis because of possible weight gain, and also I tend to have high cholesterol and there's some evidence that taking it regulalry can raise cholesterol, although I've also read the opposite.

Anyways, that really is good news about the Lauricidin and also good to know the dosing you do. I read on-line about people taking scoops of it, but it sounds like you take less. Where do you buy it? It does not seem to be that readily available -

I plan to start the ldn in about a week, but maybe add Lauricidin too .... we'll see --

I'm really glad you beat the flu --

Best wishes,

Mary
  9. jenbooks13

jenbooks13 New Member

Are you still doing radical mold avoidance? Did you return from Ojo to your home?
  10. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi Mary!

It's nice to hear from you, too.

I think a scoop of Lauricidin, which is a teaspoon, would be around 50 pearls. So you can see I am using tiny amounts of it.

I look forward to hearing about how the LDN therapy goes for you. It sounds very promising.

Love,
    Forebearance
  11. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi jenbooks13,

Well, I'm still doing mold avoidance as best as I can. I don't think I'm an example of how to do it. I did decide to move to a new place, because my rental home wasn't denaturing very quickly. After I moved out I found out that the roof had a leak, so it was good for me to have moved anyway.

Forebearance