CFS: Forebearance's thread 44

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Forebearance, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi all,

Sorry I'm late in reporting this month. I don't really have anything new to add. I'm still taking the same stuff. I seem to be getting better very gradually, which is good.

I tried a tiny bit of folic acid, with no bad results. So I might start gradually adding in the methylation supps of folic acid and Perque B12 which did something for me in the past.

2. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Oh wait, I do have some things to report.

I am finding that the tiny bit of Vitamin D I've been taking has been causing that wired, unable to sleep feeling which I know by now is inflammation. So I'm assuming it must be causing my immune system to work on killing something. I'm going to back off on the Vit D.

Also, I've been trying Wayne's idea about standing on the grass with bare feet! It sounds funny, but it doesn't cost anything, so I thought what the heck. I've been going outside and standing barefoot for about five minutes a day, especially after working on the computer. It feels good. Maybe I am "grounding" myself a little bit.

3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I remember reading many years ago about qi gong and drawing energy from the earth. There is supposed to be something to standing on the grass. Unfortunately, there's no grass where I live! Just rocks and dirt (It's the high desert).

I may restart the methylation protocol a little bit soon too. I've been off for quite awhile. I've been taking quercetin with bromelain and I think it's helping my chronic sinus problems. It's also supposed to help with inflammation. You might want to look into it.

I read one place that quercetin can increase hypothyroidism (which I have) but read another place that it could help normalize the thyroid. I've been checking my body temp, always low, and it is getting a little higher. I feel no worse, actually feel a bit better, so think it just may be helping my thyroid too.

I do take D3 with no problem, interesting that it bothers you. We all are so different (but so much the same too) with varying weird symptoms!

Take care -

4. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi Mary!

I'm glad to hear about your quercetin with bromelain experiments! That's great that it is helping you and your thyroid. I hope it keeps up the good effects.

I do take lots of bromelain at the moment. I think around 500 mg/day. I have a bottle of quercetin to try, but I've been waiting until I have a calm moment to introduce a new variable. So far, no calm moment.

The stuff Wayne posted said that the healing thing was to touch the earth, so I don't think it matters if it has grass on it or not. My local earth just happens to have grass.

Take care, too,
    [This Message was Edited on 09/27/2010]