CFS: Forebearance's thread 46, 47, and 48

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Forebearance, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi everyone,

I see I missed a couple months of updates. Sorry about that. I've been preoccupied with the practice of mold avoidance. So by now I should be on month 48.

I recently had the opportunity to go somewhere I had been in '09, and I was struck by how much different I felt on the trip this time. In the year and a half that has passed, I have become noticeably better. I have noticeably more energy and stamina.

Also I think my brain function has improved noticeably. I actually won two games of Scrabble over the holidays! I was making a lot of five and six letter words, and in previous sick years I mostly made three and four letter words. It's been unheard of for me to win a game of Scrabble against my family members since I've had CFS. Only one year, in 2008, did I win a game. That was after I had begun mold avoidance and had started improving.

So I attribute my improvements in health to mold avoidance: 90% and to gentle virus killing: 10%.

I think that taking small amounts of Lauricidin, Virastop, and the seven precious mushroom blend extract has been helping my body to very gradually kill off whatever is bothering it, including XMRV. All these things would work on XMRV and would not cause resistance, as far as I know.

Many people seem to follow the "no pain, no gain" philosophy when it comes to taking anti-virals or anti-retrovirals. That feels all wrong for me. I have been extremely careful to take the anti-viral things at such low doses that they do not cause a spike in inflammation. I may improve very gradually, but the improvements feel like they are real. I'm not going up and down in symptoms and putting myself through agony.

I know of at least one doctor, Dr. Guyer in Indianapolis, who approves of the low and slow antiviral approach. I think it's counterproductive for me to do it any other way.

So how could I possibly take AIDS drugs that have minimum dosages?? I don't see how that would work for me. I think I will stick to the routine I am on until something non-toxic comes along. Maybe by then I will be in even better health and in a good place to try a prescription drug.

2. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, forebearance.

It's really great to hear about the improvements you have experienced. Scrabble seems like a very good diagnostic! Maybe we should develop a standard Scrabble test for the brain in CFS! :)-)

I'm glad you have found actions that work for you.

Best regards,

3. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi Rich!

It's so good to hear from you. I participated in seven games of Scrabble over the holidays, and it felt like it was good therapy for my brain. Use it or lose it, as they say.

Another game that would be a good diagnostic for people with CFS is cribbage. Especially when played with an impatient grandfather who can't understand why a person can't do simple addition in her head. :)

In hindsight, I realize that I found safe, non-moldy places to stay for 8 out of 12 months of 2010. That is pretty good, for me.

I haven't been taking many of my methylation supplements this past year, because they can so easily reduce my energy level. But I have been occasionally taking a bit of Perque B-12, and then on other days a bit of folic acid.

I really look forward to the day when I have a safe place to sleep a lot, and then I will get back on the methylation program. I've had to put daily survival needs ahead of everything for the past couple of years. I still believe in your protocol!

4. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Oh yeah, I thought of a couple other things I've done in the past year that may have contributed to my feeling better.

I increased my dose of Co Q-10 from 400 mg to 500 mg a day.

I read Caroline Myss' book "Defy Gravity". If you like Caroline Myss, I highly recommend this book. She writes new-agey and it's not an easy read, but she has actually figured out how people heal from illness, which is pretty amazing.