CFS: Forebearance's thread 49

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Forebearance, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi all,

This past month a strange thing happened to me. I took a milk thistle capsule and it made my kidneys hurt. So I immediately stopped taking milk thistle. I had been taking it for maybe 10-12 years and was up to 4 capsules a day. I had just started a new bottle.

When I stopped it a rash broke out on my legs and my feet began to hurt a LOT. Finally I decided that maybe I had gotten a bad bottle of milk thistle that had gone rancid or was old and moldy, or something along those lines. So I threw away the bottle I had and bought a new one.

The new milk thistle seems to be all right. But I am still fighting the rash and the foot pain. It feels like the kind of ache you get when you have been working a 12 hour shift at a job that involves standing all the time. Hopefully these symptoms will go away in time. But I wonder if they are caused by lower liver function.

Thinking about how my massage therapist notices the amount of toxins I have circulating in me by working on my feet, is there some kind of rule that loose toxins in the body accumulate in one's feet??? It just seems so silly!

I wonder if I should try one of those electric foot baths where the water changes color, etc. I've never wanted to spring for the $50 before, considering that they have a dubious reputation. But at least I'm sure it wouldn't hurt me, so maybe I should give one a try.

Other than those odd symptoms, I've just been hanging in as usual. I can't wait for the first non-toxic XMRV treatment, whatever it might be.

2. Jayna

Jayna New Member

I can't comment on the milk thistle issue as I've given up taking it (it speeds up my Phase 1 liver detox and my Phase 2 detox can't keep up).

However, that foot thing sounds really familiar. It happens to me when I've had my feet down all day even though I don't actually walk anywhere. It's fluid buildup in the foot tissues, and yes, toxins accumulate down tehre because of it.

I get good results not with a 50-buck electric-current soak but with a 2-dollar plastic dishpan from Walmart and 10 cents worth of Epsom Salts (with a dash of baking soda because our water is really hard up here). On days when I want more bang for my soak I add a few drops of pine essential oil. Smells comforting and feels good.

20 mins to an hour soak in the evening, then cream my feet good before bed. If I skip an evening, I really notice because the toxic buildup itches and keeps me awake.

What non-toxic XMRV treatment have you heard about? I've been tested and am awaiting results but am sure not looking forward to any standard ARV therapies.
  3. spacee

spacee Member

To think of the bottle being rancid. I'm not sure that I would have :)

The things that Cheney recommends, did not originate with Cheney, of course.
    At the site, if you click on 'inhibitors', you will see a list of
    tons of stuff, a lot of which Cheney recommends. That's where he got the
    Artesimins (hepasunate/artesunate also names for it).

You might consider that while awaiting the nontoxic xmrv treatment (I'm positive
    too). I had to start slow. Like 1/3 of a capsule. Open capsule put on tongue, have
    water handy cause it has a dry feeling). Anyway, start slow. Do 5 days straight,
    then go to Mon. Wed. Fri or Tues. Thurs. Sat. whichever works best for you.
    It will attack the EBV which the xmrv feeds on.

Just a thought. I'm going to check my info of for correctness. BRB.

Ok, checked it and made the corrections. The researcher is at Boston University.
    Seems very smart.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/23/2011]
  4. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Thanks for the comments, you guys.

Jayna, I guess I'm putting most of my hopes into Peptide T. But maybe that GcMaf stuff, too.

Spacee, it took me three weeks to figure out that the bottle of milk thistle might have been bad!

I will try a regular foot soak and see if it helps. I'm sure a foot massage would help, if I could get to see my massage therapist.

I haven't tried the artesunate or similar thing yet. I understand that it kills things, like viruses. I am already taking as many "killing" type supplements as I can handle. I have to detox the results of all that microbe killing. But I will keep it in mind for the future. If Dr. Cheney likes it, then it's probably worth trying.

Has it been helpful to you, Spacee?

[This Message was Edited on 02/23/2011]
  5. spacee

spacee Member

Totally agree with pacing. I tried artesunate, felt very ill. So went with the NTFactor for
    mycos at a low dose, worked up to full. THEN went back to the artesunate at low dose
    and thankfully was much, much easier to take.

It is slow go but I do think it is helping. Oddly, I totally forgot to take it last week. But back
    on it. I think it does made my lymph nodes ache sometimes but I put ice on them if that
    happens. I feel like I am doing a bit more...but with the DD....I need another month to
    really tell.
  6. Jayna

Jayna New Member

Use whatever temperature is comfortable for you. I started with barely warm enough to dissolved the epsom salts but have gradually tolerated hotter. The hotter seems to me to soak out stuff faster but dries the skin out more, while the warm needs a longer soak.