CFS: Forebearance's thread 50,51,52

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Forebearance, May 3, 2011.

1. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi everyone!

Wow, I really got behind lately. Sorry about that.

Well, the foot pain began to spread up my legs to my knees. Then I started waking up with stiff fingers. I realized that I was getting fibromyalgia. Yikes! The pain got so bad that I had trouble walking. I had to do something to nip this in the bud. I have enough challenges without adding constant serious pain to the mix.

Finally I remembered that years ago I had gotten fibro symptoms from taking too much magnesium. So I thought about magnesium. The only thing that had changed was that last fall I had switched from magnesium asporotate to magnesium bio citrate. I had thought "Maybe this kind will absorb better". Like most of us, I'm always on the lookout for the most absorbable forms of everything I take.

So I switched back from mag bio citrate to mag asporotate, after taking a few days off magnesium completely. Sure enough, that was the problem. My fibro symptoms gradually faded away. Whew. What a relief.

That left just the rash. One night I saw a commercial on tv that mentioned that skin rashes could be a side effect of NSAIDS. So I thought about it and realized that I had switched from using Motrin to Advil around Christmas time. That was the problem. I was reacting to Advil. I'm using Target brand ibuprofen for now. We'll see if it works.

Since I only take an NSAID when I'm staying in a less than great place and need help getting to sleep, the rash was correlating with times I was more poisoned. That threw me off the trail.

I've also been experimenting with tart cherry juice. Dr. Oz said it reduces inflammation and promotes formation of melatonin. I've found that it works as well as ibuprofin for me in some situations in helping me get to sleep. It's nice to have an alternative to taking drugs for that problem.

It was interesting to read on a different forum that GcMAF increases macrophage activity, and that mushroom extracts also do that. I wonder if that explains why my "seven precious mushroom" extract has been helpful. Could mushroom extracts act like a weak form of GcMAF?

Other than this stuff, I've been hanging in, doing all my usual things. I'm still avoiding mold toxins as well as I can, taking Virastop and Candidase, and taking Lauricidin and the mushroom extract. I've been getting thinner very gradually, so at least I feel like I'm moving in a positive direction.

Apparently I'm detoxing some, because I find that I need to switch pillows often. I can't use the same pillow two nights in a row, or else it has effects on me. It makes my arms fall asleep, as if there is some kind of poison on it. Neurotoxins are so strange. They can cause so many varied symptoms. But I have heard other people talking about their arms falling asleep at night. So I guess I'm not alone.

I hope you are all taking good care of yourselves.