CFS: Forebearance's thread 56

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Forebearance, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Well, I hit a milestone recently. I got my favorite recipes back!

At one point I had made copies of the poisoned originals. The copies got poisoned shortly afterwards.

I dug through one of my storage units, Put the copies in a Rubbermaid container, drove them to Fed Ex Office, and they scanned them in for me. it was great to have them do the handling of he documents.

My hands were sore for a day afterwards, in spite of the protective clothing I wore. But it was worth it! I feel like I have a piece of my identity back.

it has been so important for me in this mold avoidance journey to put my important documents into digital form and then to put them into some kind of online storage. That way I always have access to them.

Other than that, I'm doing okay. Just hanging in, waiting for some good developments.

i'm so glad that Dr. Gordon is having Drs Shoemaker and Nathan talk about biotoxins. This is a factor that many people with CFS seem totally unaware of.

2. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Okay, I took more potassium today and it made me feel better. I slept more deeply and my arms fell asleep less. What if I've been running low all summer? It was kind of miraculous that you came along and mentioned potassium right when I needed it, Mary. Thanks!!

In other news, I found out that Motrin has been recalled, because it had mold in it. Argh!! I've been taking it all summer. Either the contaminated Motrin or the low potassium might explain why my body has been behaving in unexpected ways this summer. I was blaming it on having picked up some critter from the tick bite.

Anyway, my big plan was to sleep in a tent this summer and take lots of Lauricidin and get a lot better, but that was foiled by my inability to get any decent sleep. The weather didn't help, but there was something going wrong internally, too.

3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I'm so glad to hear the potassium helped you. Before I read about Freddd's B12/folate protocol, I never even thought about potassium. My levels were in the normal range BUT when I looked at my last test, they were at the bottom of normal, but of course my doctor did not point this out to me.

What really clinched it for me was that the feeling of extreme tiredness and lethargy which I experienced after several days on Freddd's protocol was very familiar to me. I had experienced it before and just chalked it up to good old CFS, and looking back now realize that at various times my potassium has just tanked for whatever reason. It was crucial to supplement with potassium in order to continue with Freddd's protocol. I'm now taking about 400 mg. a day (was up to 1,000 at one point) and just keeping an eye on it. Freddd stressed it so strongly I had to listen to him, and am glad you tried it too!

4. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi Mary!

What clinched it for me was that I was having leg cramps. So I took potassium until they went away. I've gone from one capsule a day to six a day. But they are really wimpy -- 99 mg each.

I need some stronger pills. The RDA is 4700 mg, I read. So it would be hard to overdose.

It makes sense for me, because I take gobs of calcium and it has saved my hide in many ways. Minerals seem to be incredibly powerful for me.

Why would I gradually need more potassium over the course of this summer?
    Is it because I moved to a place with better air?
    Is it a sign of healing, like Fred said?
    I'm only taking methylation supps once a week.
    But I have been taking Lecithin every day.

The other thing that I am liking especially right now is Co Q-10. A couple extra pills of it really help when I'm feeling despair. It can cheer me right up.

[This Message was Edited on 09/28/2011]
  5. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Well, I'm still taking six capsules of potassium a day, and it has continued to be good for me in many ways. I'm getting thinner. I'm able to tolerate more Perque B-12. I haven't added the Folate back, yet.

It feels like just the increased potassium is causing me to detox. I have had to wash my pillow every day, so I wonder if I could be detoxing through my breath at night.

One day I took eight capsules of potassium, and it felt like it cleaned out my gallbladder. Wow! That was unexpected.

If I can find a building I can stand, I may try to stay in Sioux Falls for the winter. It has some nice civilization. I don't know if I am qualified to say how good the outside air is there, but at least I am sure that it is better than Omaha. When I am in SF I have more energy and less OI. I can stand in lines at stores without constantly shifting my weight from foot to foot.

6. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Oops. Maybe six capsules a day of potassium is too much of a good thing, too quickly. I like the way it melts my fat and eliminates my sugar cravings. But it may have also released a bunch of toxins in the process.

I suddenly started to feel really poisoned. It may be the combo of potassium and B-12. So I cut back to three capsules (approx 300 mg) and am now taking just folate for a while. No more B-12 for the moment.

7. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I'm not having the same symptoms from potassium that you do, but have found that I do need to adjust my dose from time to time. I'm now taking 400 mg. a day (down from a high of 1000 several weeks ago). Seems to be the way it works -

I'm curious - why don't you take B-12 and folate at the same time? did you have a bad reaction?

8. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi Mary,

No big reason. I was just experimenting. I do get a powerful reaction to the methylation supps, so I have to be careful with them.