CFS: Forebearance's thread 59

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Forebearance, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi you all,

Well, I've been on the GcMAF for two months now, and I like it!

I had to reduce the dose a lot in order to bring the side effects down to a manageable level. I was getting a big spike in inflammation on days 2 and 3 after I took it. And then the inflammation would gradually settle down over the course of the week until it was time for the next dose.

So now I take approximately 1/100th of a standard dose, applied to the skin on the back of my hand. It is perfect for me. Those of you who read this thread probably remember that it is typical for me to need tiny doses of things.

I never took the blood tests to determine if I would react to GcMAF or not. I just tried it. I guess I react to it, which means it should help me in the long run.

The positive effects have been an increase in stamina and getting thinner. Those are both nice things. So it seems like overall it is a good thing for me to take.

I still feel about the same, energy-wise, but in a pinch I have been able to push myself to do things that normally I could not have done. I drove three hours for two days in a row, for example. One time I drove for five hours. I haven't done that in 21 years!

Of course it wiped me out to do those things, but I could do them when necessary. And it seems like I'm not AS wiped out afterwards as I used to be. So maybe I have a bit less PEM.

Now I am experiencing a feeling of my skin burning all over, and some pain in my heart and other internal organs. It SEEMS to be caused by the GcMAF. It feels like a release of toxins internally. Also I've had a stiff neck and some detoxy type headaches.

I've been taking molybdenum, more milk thistle, apple cider vinegar and sour cherry juice to help move the toxins out. And more soluble fiber, of course.

Taking GcMAF has allowed me to tolerate more Vitamin D, and more B12 and Folate. So that is really great. Those things could be causing the detox I've been experiencing.

And it's easier to tolerate those symptoms of poisoning when I know they are coming from within rather than from my environment. But it does throw my judgment of the environment off, because I am already feeling poisoned!

I just had my calcium and Vit D checked, which is required when doing GcMAF. My gut feeling is that these things are normal and haven't spiked as they do in a few people. I don't have the results yet.

Since starting back on colloidal silver, my arms and hands are getting much better. They don't fall asleep as much. I did just get tested for Lyme and co-infections through IgeneX. Now I found out there is a new lab that is supposed to be even better! Oh well.

2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

This is really interesting that you're getting a good effect from this.

I am finding that my body is wanting more Vitamin D recently. For a long time, that supplement seemed really wrong for me. I wonder how this is related to changes that we are experiencing.

I have been craving sour cherry juice but wasn't aware that it is related to detox.

I'm glad that you are able to do more things. That does make this easier.

Best, Lisa
  3. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Thanks, Lisa.

Actually sour cherry juice is supposed to be a powerful anti-inflammatory, according to Dr. Oz. I was lumping it in with those detoxing things, sorry.

I'm continuing to experience symptoms of toxicity (or inflammation) combined with a feeling of relaxation. This is strange because usually when being poisoned by the environment it causes a simultaneous feeling of panic or anxiety.

I might dare to say that if the GcMAF is causing this, it might actually be accomplishing something. It feels like this may be productive, even though it is uncomfortable.

What a long strange trip this journey to wellness is.
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I'm glad to hear the GcMAF seems to be helping you! I know you have been working very hard for very long to regain your health.

I'd never even heard of GcMAF before your post. I just looked it up, and the blood test apparently is not that expensive - one site said $65.

Where do you get your GcMAF? How much does it cost? Is it prescription or OTC?

From what I read it's supposed to be injected, but it's interesting that you can just put a tiny amount on your skin and get results.

My immune system is finally, after many years, starting to work better. I used to get sick and take weeks to get better every time I crashed. I now just get a tiny bit sick and get over it in a couple of days, sort of like a normal person, when I crash. I think it may be due, at least in part, to something called Swanson Ultra IgG Concentrate [MODERATORS: this is a brand name, please do not remove] - it's a purified immunoglobulin concentrate. I don't know for sure if this is why I'm doing better, but my muscle testing indicates it is. One good thing is taht it's very affordable. I've been taking it for a couple of months now.

Keep us posted how it goes, and any more information you can provide -

Take care -

5. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

That is great to hear, Mary!!

I bought my GcMAF from (commercial website URL removed by moderator)
    I'm not sure if it is a prescription or non-prescription item. Most people get it from doctors, but it is also available for sale to individuals. I knew that I should be very cautious in using it without close medical supervision, and I was.

One reason I tried it is that it is a natural substance produced by the body, so there is no harm in taking as small a dose as you want. I knew It was fine to experiment with dosages.

It is really expensive, but at the rate I'm taking it it's not so bad. Maybe applying it to the skin wouldn't work for everyone, but I guessed it might work for me, based on my past experiences.

If you were near me, I'd be happy to share some of mine with you. The most economical way to try it might be to find someone to split an order with. You just need a bunch of insulin syringes ready so when it arrives, you can divide it up and throw some of it in the freezer. (Whatever you think you won't use up in eight weeks, you freeze)