CFS: Forebearance's thread 61

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Forebearance, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi all,

Well, my GcMAF has expired and I still have a lot left. I may try taking some more of it anyway. My doctor suggested trying it, because many medications are good a while after their expiration date. I'm not so sure that applies to GcMAF, though.

I wonder if the gains in stamina that I experienced while on it will continue. I hope so, because I've gotten used to being able to do more things.

I've been taking 2 pearls of Lauricidin every three days, instead of one.

I'm taking more methylation supps these days, since I'm in a safe enough place that I can handle being more tired and taking more naps. Maybe my numb arms really are just a sign of B-12 deficiency. If they are, the B-12 I'm taking should help.

Because my IGenex test results came back and I tested negative for Lyme, Babesia, and Bartonella. I could have one of the less common co-infections. I don't know if I can afford to get more tests to find out. They are so expensive! I wonder if it is possible that I prevented Lyme from getting established in my body by taking doxy right after the tick bites I had???

2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I'm really glad to hear that you have more stamina! THat is major. I think your doctor's right, many meds and supplements are good long past their expiration date, but I have idea about your GcMAF. It couldn't hurt to try it, though, could it?

My sister had numbness on various parts of her body due to a B12 deficiency. She had been vegetarian for many years and then told me about the numbness. I told her to try taking B12, and within several days or a week her symptoms disappeared. She doesn't have CFS or FM so nothing to interfere with utilization of B12 - her problem was she just didn't get enough. Anyways, I hope the B12 helps you. Be sure to take folate as well. I believe it's folate that can mask a B12 deficiency if you don't take B12 along with it.

I hope you continue to improve -

Best wishes,

3. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Thank you so much, Mary!
    I hope you are doing well these days.

[This Message was Edited on 02/29/2012]
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I'm just plugging along, waiting until I can try the peptide injections (hopefully will do so on March 15). I just did a post about a cardiac appt I had today (everything's fine).

So nothing new, still crashing like clockwork -

Is the B12 helping your numb arms?

5. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Wow, Mary, crashing like clockwork! That sounds awful.
    I'm glad your heart is fine.
    I'm so excited for you about the peptide injections. I'd love to try them.
    So far I can't tell if the B-12 is helping my numb arms. But the colloidal silver does seem to help, sort of. It makes my arms worse at first, as if there are neurotoxins being released by bug killing. Then it makes them better in the long run. And my iPad makes them worse, from touching the screen!

6. babysnake

babysnake New Member

I really em. I cured through long-term exercising. I know is hard to believe and when the lady doctor told me it was the last thing i wanted to do but i did it and it worked. Watch my post on "what worked for me" thread of today 10.03.2012.

It is a long post.

All the best
  7. inprog

inprog Member

You wrote "I wonder if it is possible that I prevented Lyme from getting established in my body by taking doxy right after the tick bites I had???"

I knew a pathologist who knew to take Doxy whenever she went hiking so it never took hold in case she got bit by a Lyme infested tick. What she did not tell me you could get Lyme in Oakland California on a local city park trail and of course i wasn't taking doxy. You did the right thing, I would think, to save yourself a lot of grief. How effective is doxy for those two co-infections, I wonder? Maybe you don't have them? Maybe save up for the tests, one at a time with the most likely one doing that one first.

[This Message was Edited on 03/11/2012]
  8. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Does Monolaurin cause you to feel worse as bacteria dies off? I had to really scale back as it was making me herx something fierce. What has been your overall reaction? Any good days? Thanks
  9. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Aw, thanks, inprog! That makes me feel good.
    It's really interesting to hear that about the pathologist.
    What a bummer that you got a Lyme infection in a city park!

10. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi Manwithfibro,
    Yes, if I took more than a tiny dose of manolaurin, it would make me Herx.
    I take one pearl of Lauricidin every other day now, and the standard dose is 50 pearls a day, so you can see how cautious I am. I believe slow and steady wins the race.

The mushroom extract I take with it seems to keep me from becoming too inflamed. There was a time when I took 5-10 pearls a day, because I was trying to get well from swine flu. It did cure my flu, and it made my thyroid gland feel great, but it made me really inflamed also.

Now I don't notice anything from my "maintenance" dose of monolaurin, but if I forget to take it I notice that I feel worse. So I guess I will keep taking it!

How is the scaling back going for you? Did you find a dose you can tolerate?