CFS: Forebearance's thread 73 & 74

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Forebearance, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi you guys,

I'm sorry I didn't post anything last month. I got distracted by life. But it wasn't because my life was super bad or anything.

I've been experimenting with the Flor Essence, taking different amounts of it. Like most things, it has never been as effective as it was the first time I took it, but it still seems worth doing and it is really easy to do. It did cross my mind that maybe it loses freshness after it is opened, even while stored in the refrigerator, so maybe the first dose is the best.

I've been gradually increasing my Armour thyroid and decreasing my calcium and magnesium, trying to find the right balance. Then I overcorrected and had to increase my calcium and magnesium again because I had increased my thyroid. It's such a balancing act. Too much cal and mag makes me ache but not enough keeps me from sleeping.

Basically my sore knee is a lot better and I use my cane occasionally, near the end of the day or after I've been sitting for a while and I'm all stiff.

I dream of being able to run! It's been such a long time. I used to bound down stairs (but not up stairs).

I wonder if too much calcium and magnesium was the cause of my thyroid nodules. I've been taking B6 to treat my arms falling asleep at night, and that seems to be helping my thryoid as well.

I tried a multi-B vitamin, but that seems to have caused me to detox too hard. Or else I had food poisoning. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Anyway, I hope everyone around here is hanging in.
    Love,
    Forebearance

2. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi!!!!

Thanks for the update! Just wanted to say hi and let you know that Im thinking about you!

Have you looked into this new natural pain reliever, Anatabloc - I am researching it for myself and my Mother's severe arthritis and spinal stenosis issues. There is a thread here from Jamin that shows its working well for her after all these years...

Also, I read on Patient Advocate blog:

http://cfspatientadvocate.blogspot.com/2013/01/anatabloc-for-inflammaging.html

that anatabloc is the first supplement to help autoimmune thyroid issues completely.

Take Care,

Elisabeth
  3. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi Elisabeth!!

That is cool to know! Thanks!

Fore
  4. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

and wondered if it was the calcium...WELL, a friend I play bridge with told me a couple yrs ago she had her thyroid removed and the reason,,nodules...and it was from Tums that her "dumb" MD told her to take it for calcium...so she's sucking on those Tums for who knows how long and she
    developed nodules, then another "dumb" MD suggested thryoid removal...which she found out after the fact it should
    not have been done.... she was fit to be tied....so now no
    thyroid and taking I believe Synthroid....she sees only
    HMO docs and they rarely go to Armour treatment....

I had nodules back in 2005 and I don't know the status now, but I'm fine I believe....still on Armour 120mg per day, Iodine daily and selenium most days...

Antabloc is my new "almost miracle" and there are published reports on it for Hashi...

Oh BTW, my friend just saw our mutal integrative MD and our doc says 800mg total calcium per day including foods...this is a new study out she told my friend....I take
    500mg Cal most days (Rainbow light food based) and up to 900 mg Mag per day....works for me...

Take care, good to talk to you. jam

Oh, the nodules she found out were calcium build up on the thyroid.[This Message was Edited on 03/06/2013]
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Good to hear from you. I'm glad your knee is better! I don't know what to say about B complex detoxing vs. food poisoning - that's a new one :)

I don't have much new to report, still plugging away with qigong. I had to take a hiatus from my HCL detox protocol due to a family gathering and then getting sick, etc., etc. etc. but am starting back up today.

Well, good luck with everything!

Best wishes,

Mary
  6. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi you guys!

Yes, Jam, I read what you wrote on the warning about calcium thread, and that was what made me wonder about my nodules being made of it.

I will definitely go read Mary Shomon's article about Anatabloc, and look into trying it. I don't think my hypothyroidism is from autoimmune issues, but maybe it will still help me. Thanks for the link!

Good luck with your detoxing, Mary! I seem to be getting better from whatever my problem was.

Fore
  7. jaminhealth

Mary Shomon's link I posted above and discussion of nodules is mentioned....

I've been reading everything that comes to me from friends on Anatabloc and everything I dig up too.

8. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi jam,

I couldn't find the mention of thyroid nodules on the About.com site or in the links Mary gave, but I enjoyed reading more about Anatabloc.

As an aside, it looks like I have shrunk my thyroid and hopefully reduced the nodules by cutting back on my overdoses of minerals and taking Vitamin B6. Maybe I was really low in B6 or something.

I'll find out the next time I have a thyroid ultrasound done.

So I went to a GNC store to buy some Anatabloc today, after not finding it at the health food store. They hadn't even heard of it. So I was a bit concerned that it might have some non-natural stuff in it.

Sure enough, the other ingredients in the Anatabloc tablets are things I normally avoid, like preservatives and propolyne glycol. Rats. So I didn't buy it today. I wish the company would make an all-natural version. Maybe I should try it anyway, but I need to think about that first.

Forebearance
    [This Message was Edited on 03/09/2013]
  9. jaminhealth

mention is at the bottom of this link:

Anyway, here is Mary's posting today on the NAH site:

http://ht.ly/iw3hm

I don't like the preservatives either, but there
    are preservatives in everything, some worse than
    others....the pluses outweigh the negatives for me
    and maybe the company will be changing things
    along the way, down the road....nothing is perfect
    sadly. jam
  10. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Well, I've been taking the supplement Immutol for about a week now, and I really like it. It contains those specific kinds of beta glucans that are supposed to stimulate macrophages.

I haven't had any side effects from taking two capsules a day, so far. I've been getting better quality sleep, judging by all the non-nightmare dreams I've been having. And I think I am starting to feel more stamina.

Ha! My spell check changed the word "glucans" to toucans. Hee hee.
    Forebearance