CFS: Forebearance's thread 75

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Forebearance, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi everyone,

Well, I had to stop taking the Immutol, at least for now. It was helpful in small amounts, but like the MAF products, a point came when it changed from being helpful to harmful. I think it increased my inflammation too much.

Now I'm having trouble remembering what the specific symptoms were, because it was happening at the same time as an infection in my jaw was flaring up.

I've had some kind of microbe living in my jaw for 8-9 years. It has been flaring up about every six months. This last time was the worst. It has always picked on my root canal tooth and made it ache. This time the pain became really strong and it began radiating down my neck and into my upper chest and back.

I was worried something bad was going to happen to my heart. And since my root canal tooth seemed to be providing refuge for the critter, I decided it had to come out.

I had the tooth extracted and immediately my heart pain stopped. My left knee also stopped hurting and was like a normal knee again. I could run down stairs!

But this microbe is strong and it is fighting back. My knee is hurting again and the empty tooth socket oozes puss. Sorry for the graphic details. I am trying to beat whatever it is back into dormancy. I've used a couple different antibiotics on it and they don't do much any more. It might even be a virus.

It's hard when you already take every anti-microbial supplement you can get your hands on. What else do you take in a challenging situation?

I already tried more Lauricidin, because that saved me from swine flu. But it has the side effect of increasing inflammation, and making me more reactive to my environment. The pounding of my heart became too much to bear. So now I'm going to try taking more Candidase and Virastop. And maybe I'll try one more antibiotic.

Geez. I hate taking antibiotics. Before these last couple of years, with the tick bites and the tooth issues, I had rarely taken them. On the plus side, I am glad to not have a root canal tooth any more. I never wanted one. But of course I do really miss that tooth. It was one of the main molars I used to chew with.

The lesson I learned from this experience is to have my older fillings replaced before a problem has a chance to happen and the tooth becomes infected. Because being in the situation of having to choose between a root canal and an extraction is a terrible place to be.

2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I'm so sorry about your tooth and jaw infection! I was just talking to my sister - her husband has had a recurring jaw infection for about 3 or 4 years now, it will subside then flare up again. Finally they saw one dentist who did some type of surgery and actually removed dead tissue from his jaw, she said it was about the size of an almond and was the cause of the recurrent flare-ups. It was outpatient, he was sent home with pain meds and I guess time will tell if this will fix it. He just had this done last week.

I had a similar problem with a back molar, I had a root canal and then recurrent pain and the dentist wanted to do a second root canal on the same tooth! I refused but I think ended up with a root canal (which I probably didn't need) on the tooth next to it. I finally had the first tooth pulled and it pretty much solved the problem although sometimes it's still a little sore.

Perhaps an environmental medicine dentist (or holistic? I don't know the correct term) might be able to help you more. It seems like regular dentists know very little about potential dangers of root canals, where environ. dentists will be informed about the repercussion of root canals as well as the dangers of mercury, etc. google "root canal cavitation" and you'll find more information about jaw infections and root canals.

I'm so sorry you're going through this! Although it's really good to hear your knee got so much better when the infection subsided - so if you can get to the root of your infection (no pun intended!), it might solve other problems as well.

Best wishes,

3. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi Mary!

Thank you so much for the empathy!
    I'm sorry that you had to deal with tooth issues also.
    I hope your brother-in-law gets complete relief from the surgery he had done. I have never heard of someone having dead tissue in their jaw, so that was an eye-opener. Yikes.

Yeah, I've been reading stuff online by that holistic dentist Dr. Huggins.

It was so great to have a normal knee for a week. Now that it's back to being sore again, my shoulders are joining in and are very stiff and sore. Sigh.

The creature that lives in my jaw sure acts like some kind of tick-borne infection, but it arrived long before my first tick bite. I also wonder if it could be herpes zoster, since I did have chicken pox as a kid and it did make a boil that left a scar when it first reared its head.

It would be nice to have a normal immune system that could just kick things out!

I hope things are going well for you these days!
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

If you read about cavitations and root canals, you'll see that it's not uncommon to have dead tissue in the jaw which causes recurrent infections, all stemming from a root canal. So that might be your problem, and if it is, then you'd probably have to have the same thing done that my BIL did. It took dentists 4 years to figure this out.

I'm doing okay, I think I'm about ready to restart the mercury detox. I was doing a different detox protocol, which I seemed to tolerate okay, but then found it was causing severe insomnia, as though I had ingested a lot of MSG. I would feel wired, extra energy during the day and then almost impossible to sleep, but then would crash a day or two later. It was awful. Oh my. So back to the drawing board ...

Yeah, I wish my immune system was optimal as well, though it is working a little better, am not sure why.

Good luck with everything!

5. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

I am so sorry to hear what you have gone through and are going through. But I am really glad I read this thread because my husband is going through exactly what Mary described. Not only is is painful and dangerous to have such infections but it costs a whole lot of money to fix these issues. I'm going to have my husband read this thread. Thanks, Michele
  6. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Good luck with your mercury detox, Mary!

I hope your husband feels better soon, Michele.

I should clarify that I've only had my root canal tooth for about 3 1/2 years, and the recurring infections started happening about two years ago, around the time we noticed the crown on the tooth was cracked.