CFS: Forebearance's thread 76

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Forebearance, May 8, 2013.

1. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi everyone,

I'm checking in for May.

My empty tooth socket is healing up. I've been talking to dentists about what the options are for that spot. One option is to leave it blank and wear night guards or retainers at night to keep the other teeth from moving around.

They can also make a single tooth on a mini denture, which might be a good choice for me. I don't think anything invasive would work. Although those dental implants are nice looking. But I don't think my immune system could handle having the cow bone mixture put in my jaw.

So, in other news, I started taking silica because it is supposed to make bones flexible as we age. I have tried a couple brands. "Bio Sil" didn't feel good to me. I think it depleted my B vitamins. I am already low on those because I can't find a multi B vitamin pill that I can tolerate. But it did make my hair nice and smooth.

So then I tried "Super Silica". I really like it. Besides being a thing to take for general maintenance, it turns out to have a detoxing effect on me. It makes me feel very good!

When I think about it, the mineral springs that I like the most have a high amount of silica in the water. So maybe that is what makes them feel so therapeutic.

I'm excited, because the silica feels as beneficial for detoxing as the CSM did, and it has good side effects instead of bad ones! And so far I am tolerating it just fine. I'm starting out with one dose every 5 or 6 days, until I see how it affects me.

2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

It's really nice to hear about something beneficial for detoxing which does not make you feel like c**p! and in fact the opposite. I may look into that. Actually I've been meaning to restart the food grade diatomaceous earth, supposed to be high in silica and other minerals, but can cause detoxing - have just been putting it off ... it helped a sister of mine with arthritis in her hand, another reason it would be good to take.

Have you tried brewers yeast or nutritional yeast as a source of B vitamins? I recently started taking brewers yeast instead of my B complex, figured it would be better for me. Nutritional yeast tastes better than brewers and I think has the same benefits.

Good luck with your tooth!

Best wishes,

3. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Thank you for the good wishes, Mary!

I've never tried that diatomaceous earth. I hope it is good for you!

No, I haven't tried brewer's yeast or nutritional yeast. I'm shy of taking things that are mold-based. But I did order a new Garden of Life Raw B Complex, so I'll see how that goes.

Before I take it I have to find out if the B-12 in it is cyanocobalamin or methylcobalamin or what.

[This Message was Edited on 05/10/2013]
  4. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Woo hoo! My thread is back!

Well, according to the company, Garden of Life Raw B Complex contains a kind of B12 like the kind found in food. They say it is not cyanocobalamin or methylcobalamin, because it is not an artificial B12. They say it is derived from yeast and then neutralized so it doesn't promote candida. They won't say the exact chemical name of it because it is a proprietary secret.

So I started taking it and it seems okay. I started to feel numbness in my hands after taking the silica for a while, so I think I need it. I suspect I am low on B vitamins and they are apparently needed to make collagen, along with the silica. Making collagen is a good thing, but I need to support it.

I've also been taking extra B6 and cautiously taking a little more hydroxy B12. I think all the B vitamins I've been taking might be good for my thyroid gland. I need to research that connection.