CFS: Forebearance's thread (AV Enzymes, Methylation, Mold 23)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Forebearance, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi all,

It's my 23rd month with Virastop and I still need it. When I don't take any for a while I start getting viral type symptoms like a sore throat, sinus pain, big ugly pimples (more like hives, really), and insomnia. It's hard to sort out one set of symptoms from another, so sometimes it takes me several days to realize I need a Virastop.

I just moved into a new apartment that seemed mold-free when I inspected it, but now I'm not so sure. I tend to open the windows in the summer time, at least at night. And when I do run the A/C, I usually keep it on the warmer side, like 74-78. And now I am smelling some regular mold type smells around here.

One is coming from the disposal, so I'm going to try putting some bleach down it. Another is in my living room, and I haven't tracked down the source yet. It might be a cardboard box I'm using as a computer desk. I will try throwing it away. I remember you saying Lisa that all cardboard is bad.

Anyway, the upshot is that I am feeling really sick today. I am exhausted and my head feels like it's floating away from my body. Those are typical regular mold symptoms. They are just like Candida symptoms. I can barely think and I could barely force myself to get dressed this morning so I could leave the house. I feel pretty zombie-fied.

I'm taking things a day at a time, just trying to survive. This is a challenging transition, to try to live mold free with hardly any possessions. I would kill for a sofa to sit on! lol Or a real bed to sleep on! Hopefully I'll solve all those problems eventually.

I did buy a de-humidifier today. I'm hoping it will help prevent mold from growing in here.

Love,
    Forebearance

2. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I'm freaking out tonight. I signed a lease and I may not be able to live here!!!! ARGH!!!!!

I've tried everything on the disposal and it still smells like mold quite strongly. I am getting so sick that I don't even want to sleep here tonight.

This is really, really hard.

But you can't go back. Even if I wanted to go back to being as sick as I was, and having the security I had -- living in my same apartment for years, having a good landlord and nice neighbors -- I couldn't. Once you leave the mycotoxin-laden environment, you become so sensitive that any small amount of mycotoxins makes you really sick.

And I mean REALLY sick. Right now my kidneys, lungs, liver, intestines, etc. are all hurting. I know that I can't get to sleep feeling this much pain. I am so tired. I just need a good night's sleep.

I was just telling someone today that I spent so many years wishing I could figure out what was causing my CFS. I had no idea my CFS would be caused by something this awful. Maybe I take it back -- I don't want to know!!!

Love,
    Forebearance
  3. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Oh duh. I finally figured out that the off-gassing from my Aerobed was making me feel so sick (poisoned, basically). I got rid of it today and feel much better. Darn chemical sensitivities.

Tomorrow I'll work some more on the disposal. The regular mold in there gives me a headache and sore throat, which is normal for me. Everything makes sense again. Maybe I can actually live here. Whew.

Love,
    Forebearance
  4. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Well, I ended up moving out of that apartment and going to stay with my parents for a while. It seems like I need to get a bit better before I try to rent another apartment. I need to be able to tell if a place is bad BEFORE I sign the lease. In order to do that, I have to get more toxins out of my body and become more sensitive to their presence in buildings.<BR>
    <BR>
    It's been a long, strange trip since I began avoiding mold toxins. Whew.<BR>
    <BR>
    I'm going to start a new thread now, since it's October already. My new thread will be called:<BR>
    CFS: Forebearance's thread (AV Enzymes, Methylation, Mold 24)<BR>
    <BR>
    Love,<BR>
    Forebearance
    [This Message was Edited on 10/17/2008]