CFS: Forebearance's thread (AV Enzymes, Methylation, Mold 24)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Forebearance, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi everyone!

I've been taking Virastop for 2 years! And I still like it!

I'm still taking small amounts of Perque B-12, Intrinsi B-12/Folate, and FolaPro. I still like them.

Right now my main focus is on finding a place to live. I'm trying to find a relatively mold-free place in my home town where I can do some detoxing and think about my future.

I'm staying at my parents' until November, and then I'm gong to try a new place that is clear out on the edge of the town where I live. I felt like the air on the outskirts of town was a bit fresher and cleaner.

I've already been at two different apartments in my town which turned out to have toxic mold problems and which made me sick. I am starting to feel jinxed because of those experiences. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude going in spite of that feeling.

I'm not sure which is worse: having all the CFS symptoms or trying to live mold-free. It's like going from the frying pan to the fire, so far. I haven't been able to get mold-free enough to experience the benefits of it like others have. I've only felt a bit more energy while in good places.

I started taking cholestyramine (Questran) a couple weeks ago and it seems great. I take very small doses because it affects my teeth a lot. It must remove a lot of calcium from the body. Or maybe it removes Vitamin D. Something is going on, anyway. I'm really sensitive to amounts of minerals in my body.

I think I should try some iodine, after reading that thread about brown seaweed. I have been taking Kelp for years for the iodine content, but maybe it's not strong enough.. I also have some Modifilan which I will try soon. I liked the Limu drink in small amounts.

And in addition to taking a small amount of the csm every day, I'm taking 1 Benefiber caplet every day. That is soluble fiber.

I tried some of the Jarrow Heavy Metal Detox pills, and they seemed great, but I wasn't sure if they were also affecting my teeth or not, so I stopped them for now. I may resume them later.

2. redhummingbird

redhummingbird New Member

Hi Forebearance,

I'm so glad to see you starting another thread here. Though I don't always comment I enjoy reading your threads and following your journey.

I really hope this next place ends up being okay for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

What sort of problems with your teeth are you having from the csm?

Also, do you know if mold toxicity can cause increased ammonia levels. If so, I heard of a product that can help. It's called Neuro-Antitox II. I haven't tried it. I know lyme toxins can cause ammonia to increase in the brain and this can help with that (at least that's what some say).

3. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Aw, thanks, redhummingbird! And thanks for the good wishes!

My teeth have been feeling weak and sensitive to hot and cold and they have been aching. I know from past experience that if I don't get enough calcium I get tons of cavities. I want to prevent this from happening, because I hate going to the dentist, so I take lots of calcium.

I already was taking 2000 mg of calcium. When I began the csm, I increased it to about 2300 ng. That's getting close to as much as one person can take! I have to take it in five doses, spaced two hours apart, so that my stomach has time to absorb it all. And I take a highly absorbable form called calcium lactate, which means I take 25 calcium pills a day right now.

Osteoporosis runs in my family big-time, so it makes sense that I need a lot of calcium. Hopefully most people who try the csm don't get such a noticeable effect on their teeth.

I'm taking such small amounts of the csm that it hasn't bothered my digestive system much at all. The methylation supplements keep me regular.

And I can feel the csm helping. It's just that it's going very slowly.

I don't know if mold toxicity can increase ammonia levels. I know the methylation supps can in some people, and I do take manganese for that.

I think I've heard of the Neuro Anti-tox supplement. I may have even tried it. I've tried so many things that I can't remember them all. It sounds great.

4. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I want to take this opportunity to post on my thread while I can still find it! (Before the Immunesupport board closes tomorrow.)

I'm still at my parents' house, and am hoping to survive being here for two more weeks. It is pretty rough, since the mold toxins in their house have a cumulative effect on me. If it weren't for the cholestyramine, I don't think I'd be able to stay here any more.

I'm trying to spend at least two hours outside every day, as Lisa suggested. I got a hammock to lie in in the back yard, and I just pile on the coats and blankets until it's warm enough. At least the weather has been good.

I've been having trouble sleeping the past couple nights, and have been having chemical-smelling stools. I suppose something new is detoxing.

5. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I've had to increase my dose of csm in order to keep the kidney and abdominal pain from coming back. I just have to make it six more days now.

My parents agreed to do an ERMI test on their house. My mom and I did it together and it was not too hard. She's sending it in today. I hope that they will think about having their house remediated before the problem here gets worse.

One thing that gave us the giggles was in the ERMI instructions where it said "locate the floor". You can tell they were written by an absent-minded scientist type.

A few weeks ago, I was told I had been exposed to some bad mold toxins and I noticed that taking a shower and washing my hair did make me feel a little better. Just recently, I noticed that a nightgown I had air-dried felt better than a nightgown I had dried in the dryer. So maybe I will try the extreme mold avoidance techniques, gradually. If I can tell that they make a difference, I'll be more likely to do them.

All the showering and clothes-washing that is involved sounds like a big pain, so I need some motivation to do it.

But first I need to find a safe place to live, at least for the winter. I really, really hope that this next place I'm going to will be all right. Man, this is scary!!!

6. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Well, increasing the csm has brought me some strange side effects.

I've had stomach aches, which are helped by taking apple cider vinegar in water.
    I've had nightmares for the past 4 nights. ugh.
    I seem to be more sensitive to chemicals.

Nobody said it was fun to go through this detoxing process, I guess.

7. cct

cct Member

Hi Forebearance!

It is very good to hear from you.

I am still taking the Virastop, too.

However, I have begun an intemittent schedule with the Yasko protocol. I continuously took the Yasko/RichVanK B-12 supplements for more than a year, but a couple of months ago I stopped taking them every day and began taking the supplements every other week.

Good luck with the next move. I hope that the edge of town will be less mold-toxic.

8. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Thank you, Carron!

I hope things keep going well for you in your treatment plan.

I'm starting a new thread now, called "Forebearance's thread 25". The long thread names don't show up on this new board, so I had to shorten it.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/28/2008]