CFS: GREAT BULLETIN BY PROHEALTH TODAY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Marta608, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I can't tell you how relieved I am to see the excellent information in ProHealth's CFS Edition today. I'm especially interested in Dr. Sara Myhill's theory and information. What do you all think?

Good job, Pro Health!

Marta
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Hi! You say this is the road you're going to travel. It's one I'd like to be on too. What are you going to do? I've printed out the information but I don't know what to do with it now. lol Are you going to go through Dr. Myhill or do you have your own resources to follow up on this? Seems as if we'd need confirmation of this before embarking on a regimen, no?

Marta
  3. sascha

sascha Member

read your post. wh at to do now. i am taking some of the supplements already, and can try to pick up the rest. But she says the protocol is expensive and needs to be combined with all sorts of other approaches, like de-toxifying.

but about getting the testing done. that seems to be the first step before taking the cocktail.

the information in the article rings absolutely true. i want very much to pursue the course outlined.

maybe we all could research possible sources for testing.

thanks for posting this. Sascha
  4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I am also impressed with Dr. Myhill's article. I was on most of the supplements she mentions in her article for mitochondria support, but I upped my Co Enyme Q10 because what I was taking was less than what she suggests. I did this two months ago when I originally read the article on the internet and I think it really made a difference.

The FFC had me on these supplements already, but I was kind of lax about taking my dribose. After reading the article I make sure I take it everyday and I my energy has improved. FFC doesnt' talk about heart failure but they do focus on mitochondrial support. The artcle makes a lot of sense to me. I suffer from all the particular things she mentions, thyroid, etc.

It was kind of scary to think that it's heart failure, and didn't want to think of it that way, but it really makes sense and hit home to me.

5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Mollystwin, good to know that you're been on the protocols already - and lived. I react so strangely to so many things that I'm always reluctant to add another thing to my basic regimen. I'm torn between trying to find someone, some PROfessional, who can do the necessary testing and just waiting it out with hope that this will become more familiar to docs.

I couldn't believe how much sense it makes. I'm also wondering where the neurotransmitter dyfunction part comes in because I know I'm dealing with that also. Wonder which came first? Did the CNS problem cause the mitro. problem or the other way around? Or are they not related at all?

What's with the researchers?? How can we get them on the ball? (The stats re: CFS are also amazing.)

Marta

6. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

I emailed dr sarah myhill a few months ago and she generously sent me a copy of her e-book outlining this protocol here.

I loved the d-ribose, but it's important to still take things easy, as I have now crashed horribly and have new symptoms which now kick my butt.

However, I had good results on the protocol. Just take it easy! (or you'll crash hard!)
  7. Marta608

Marta608 Member

(love your name; what imagery!)

Thanks for letting us know to take it easy on the protocol. Could you tell us/me how you went about this?

Can we assume that you're working with your doctor?

Did you have to send her test results for her to know what to recommend?

Are the supplements readily available?

In what form do they come? (capsules/tablets) I have to cut or divide just about everything I take so I'd need things that could be done to easily.

What was the cost for the e-book?

What other meds or supplements do you take?

Sorry for the many questions but answers would be so very helpful.

Thanks!

Marta