CFS & High Heartrate

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Moi17, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Moi17

Moi17 New Member

I have CFS & hypothryoid. During walking for exercise my heartrate can go very high with little effort and I'm NOT even close to huffing and puffing (something I'd expect with a heartrate this high)... up to and over the 85% sometimes. Just seems weird. Two questions:

1. Is this a recurring/normal thing for people with CFS to have such high heartrate with little effort in exercise? Does anyone else notice this too?

2. Should I respect the heartrate first and foremost and do even LESS... or should I ignore the heartrate monitor and focus more on the feeling/breathing factor?

THANKS!!!

2. Moi17

Moi17 New Member

I just looked up that thread (thanks) and searched tachycardia on the net too... but, I don't know, that doesn't really sound like me. I don't feel bad at all, I wouldn't even know my heartrate was high other than checking with the heartrate monitor, and it's only when I'm exercising, even though it is light exercise (as well as anyone can with CFS).

Maybe I'm just really out of shape cardio-wise. But I will definitely mention it to my doctor next time I go.

Thanks!!!!
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Moi, welcome to the board. My heart rate is high also, at resting its always between 95-109. I was never told to do anything about it.

I also have Fibro. But if it bothers you, have it checked by all means.

Again, welcome to the board, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Moi17

Moi17 New Member

Thanks Shirl... I just found this board by accident... it's great! I also discovered in some other threads that hearing my heartbeat in my ears is also quite normal too, lol.