CFS, High Positive ANA, Elevated C-Reactive Protein

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Jan 23, 2006.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Just wondering if any of you with cfs have a high positive ANA or elevated C-Reactive protein..

My ANA is 1:640 and my C-Reactive protein is 22.5, I know these are in the high range and my doc wants me to see another rheumy to ck for lupus..other docs I have seen say don't think its lupus just cfs and some fibro..

Any input would be appreciated..

Thanks,
    greatgran
    [This Message was Edited on 01/23/2006]
  2. GBHope

GBHope New Member

but never that high. The highest has been about 1:160 I think. Sed rate has been high up in the 60s and C-reactive protein too, don't know how high that one was though.

GBHope
  3. HagerTX

HagerTX New Member

I've been sick since 1998. In 1999 they did an ANA and it was negative, but in 2001 it was over 5000:1.

Testing at other labs have it consistently at 1280:1 or 640:1. I think my C-reactive protein has been ok--I usually make notes of anything that's been out of range.
  4. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thank you for your replies..My sedrate is up and down..but my ANA has stayed elevated for years and so has my c-reactive protein..Yet, I don't think I have as many symptoms of Lupus as I do cfs..I don't run a fever and I do have a rash ever now and then that comes and goes..Sunlight doesn't seem to bother me but the heat does..

Guess, I will see the rheumy just to see what another one says..That is if they ever call me for an appointment..

Thank you and God BLess,
    greatgran
  5. darude

darude New Member

AnA of 1:640 here too. Had all tests for Lupus and they cam back negative.