CFS: How Do You Do Rebounding with an Exercise Ball?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LittleBluestem, Oct 3, 2006.

1. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Another post about rebounding said that it could be done with an exercise ball. Mollystwin and I have exercise balls and would like to know how to do this.
  2. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Hi

I'm just guessing on this one, but maybe you sit on the ball and bounce up and down? I myself have just bought a rebounder to see if it helps with the ANS dysfunction.

Take care
    Michelle
  3. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Hi,

Do you have a rebounder, i'm seriously considering to investing in one.

I need a way to excercise my body can handle, Hayleycole, thanks for printing this and other articles.

I looked up more on the rebounders, and really liked what i read about them.

I hate the way i'm lossing so much muscle mass, strenght, and endurance, it is very aging.

But can't sustain hardly any exercise without setting myself back.

I use to love to move, and play, and exercise, i think it's one of the things that leads to depression for me, the lack of doing.

Miss talking to ya, i posted to ya on the worship board.
    Would like to know more about your adrenal testing!

Love ya,

Misty
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

And bounce up and down. If you don't inflate the ball all the way, you get more bounce and the ball is more stable. I think anything which gets us moving helps to get the lymph fluid draining.

Draping oneself over the big ball on one's stomach is a wonderful stretch for the spine.

Love, Mikie
  5. LittleBluestem

Haley,

I don’t know whether using an exercise ball for rebounding to treat CFS is a common use. I thought I might have to wade through quit a few web sites to find the information I want. I hoped someone here would already know.

Misty,

I don’t have a rebounder. Since I do have an exercise ball, I thought it would make more sense to use it than to buy a rebounder, which is more expensive (It may be better, though).

Have the read the thread about Tai Chi. I took a class in that once, but have now forgotten how. I really liked it. It is non-exhausting exercise and also lifts mood.

I have a second short-term tutoring student, and took Mother to a doctor 1.5 hours away last week, and ... I never seem to get around to writing e-mails. One of these days you’ll hear from me.

Mikie,

Yeah! There’s the woman who knows what I need. I’m glad to hear that you don’t inflate the ball all the way. I never actually got the ball completely inflated between the time I bought it and the time I moved to my current apartment. I deflated the ball to move and have not tried to inflate it again. It looks like I need to get started (and I do know where the ball is).

There is a sticker on the box that says “Includes BONUS DVD version of VHS”. I just assumed that meant along with the regular written instructions. When I opened the box, all that was there were the DVD and VHS - no written instructions! I do not have a DVD or VHS player. When I get the ball inflated, I will have to take the VHS tape to my parent house and watch it there.

Spelling errors!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/04/2006]
  6. LittleBluestem

Sigh! While adding Mikie's information to my notes on rebounding, I noticee that someone had previously stated that bouncing on an exercise ball is not the same as rebounding. She did not elaborate.

The purpose of the rebounder is the reset the autonomic nervous system, as well as get the lymph system moving. Since I have a ball, I think I will give it a try. It can’t hurt.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There are additional benefits from rebounding on the mini tramp; however, if one does not have a mini tramp but does have a big ball, it is good to bounce on it. I have always believed that variety in one's workout helps keep it from getting boring. I use my big ball as a weight bench for all the lifts I do on my back. My grandson loves the ball and squeels in delight as we roll him around on the top of it. Heck, it's worth it just for that :)

Love, Mikie
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Maybe I could appear in "Jackass 3."

Love, Mikie
  9. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Littlebluestem, I have been just sitting on my ball and bouncing and it feels pretty good. Like the others said maybe it's not the same as rebounding but it must have some benefits.

Mikie and Haleycole- You guys are so funny! I have never fallen off my ball, but I started with it before I got really sick and so I a sort of used to it I guess.