CFS Humour: New Boss "Foot In Mouth" Disease

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KelB, Jun 12, 2006.

1. KelB

KelB New Member

I had to share this priceless conversation I had today with my new line manager.

For the record, I'm taking this light-heartedly. I've worked with the guy on and off for years and I know that he's a good bloke at heart. As the conversation went on, he became pinker and pinker, so he knew that he was saying all the wrong things but couldn't seem to stop himself!

BOSS: So how's the Chronic Fatigue then?

ME: Doing much better at the moment thanks.

BOSS: I'm a bit tired as well, after the last few months.

ME (unconvincingly): Mmm. Sorry to hear that.

BOSS: Yes, I could do with a dose of what you've had - I really need a rest.

ME: Trust me, you do not want what I've had. It's far from restful!

BOSS: Yes, right. Ah well. It's a pity you're not rich. You could've retired to the Caribbean and had flunkies feed you grapes while you were recovering.

ME: Yes, it's a pity I have bills to pay (THINKS: If I was rich it wouldn't take CFS to make me do that!).

BOSS: So how long have you been ill now? Is it six or seven years?

ME: It'll be two years this August. It just feels like seven years. We worked together in 2004 before I got ill - remember?

BOSS: Did we? Oh ah yes. Well. (pause) Carry on the good work then!

Honestly, how many feet can one person fit in their mouth at one time? That must have been a record! :)
  2. WendyC

WendyC New Member

I kind of feel bad for the guy, he trys so hard to relate but is completely clueless.

wendyc
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

funny... yep, you could see where he was really REALLY trying to be 'nice'... and it kept backfiring! And the more he tried, the more feet he stuck in his mouth!

well, maybe it will ricochet around in his head in a great way, like giving you a raise or something!!!

I will keep my fingers crossed!

LOL,
    Victoria