CFS IN HORSES? ALL IN THEIR HEADS TOO???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Aug 22, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

CFS in horses-read this research article!

I assume the horses got it all in their heads too, just like us!!! (being sarcastic here,,,)

http://listserv.nodak.edu/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0005a&L=co-cure&F=&S=&P=3056
    [This Message was Edited on 08/22/2006]
  2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Fascinating article, Lenasvn. It was actually a good summary of CFS in humans, as well.

It doesn't surprise me that CFS can appear in the animal world. It was interesting that some cats and dogs have been found to have similar illnesses.

I wonder if the drug that helped the horses, the arsenical drug, thiacetarsamide, could help us, too! I'm not sure I'd want to be the guinea pig to try it, though.

I love your line, "All in their heads, too???" Maybe all these slacker horses need is a little counseling, CBT, and graded exercise therapy. LOL

Kholmes
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Or how about "If you just try a little harder".

Lena
  4. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

bring the cats and (ex) husband to the vet at the same time- no need to go into detail,,,LOL!

Honora, I got sicker after meeting my Gulf war Syndrome (ex) husband. It is known that the GWS vets have Mychoplasma and they brought it home to their families.

I have not been able to work or function (although i was quite sick before this) since then. I am sure it has to do with transmittal rather than a non-functioning relationship,,,LOL!
  5. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I didn't get treated for Mychoplasma, but the other part-
    I got better too!
  6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Maybe we should all go see vets instead of doctors!

Maybe ME sufferers in the UK should go see this guy! LOL

Neeeiiiiiiighhhh!

Kholmes

7. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

You know, the medications animals get are much cheaper than human medications. They are the VERY SAME THING a vet told me. It would pay off,,, I'm calling my vet about my migraines!

Saradinky;

Maybe you're right. It's so hard when they can't tell us what's wrong. I love horses, I never had one though.
  8. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

My pony developed swollen glands in her neck about the same time I developed CFS. The swollen glands remained for years, possibly the rest of her life - I became so accustomed to them that I no longer noticed them.

She developed cognitive problems as she aged, which I just attributed to old age. The most unusual thing was that she became extremely ‘jumpy’. She had been an unusually calm, steady, unflappable pony most of her life. In her final years any noise or sudden movement would cause her to startle. I attributed that to declining eyesight and hearing. She also would not let the vet float her teeth and did not like fly spray. Now I am wondering if she had an up-regulated autonomic nervous system.