cfs in the uk

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sara261, Sep 4, 2005.

  1. sara261

    sara261 New Member

    does anybody know how i apply for a disabled bade for my car i have cfs and sometimes legs dont work the problem is that the doctor thinks it is all in my mind even though consultant has diagonse me 6 months ago!!
  2. Smiffy

    Smiffy Member

    Why not change your doctor Sara? You shouldn't have to put up with this dreadful & outdated attitiude to our very real physical illness, which has been recognised by the World Health Organisation. Perhaps your local ME group could advise you on a more sympathetic GP.

    My car badge was granted as a result of my being awarded the Disabled Living Allowance component at the highest rate. I've had it so long that I can't remember how I first applied, but ringing your local council or your Citizens Advice Bureau should get results if no-one here can help you. lol
  3. mars_xmu

    mars_xmu New Member

    Contact Action for ME in UK and find out your local support group, they can give you infor on right way to apply for benefits.
  4. Smiffy

    Smiffy Member


    (Have you found the Brainfog website Sara?)
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2005]
  5. Fibrolady37

    Fibrolady37 New Member

    Hiya sara,
    I went to a dla appeal in april & luckily i won.
    Ive been awarded the high rate care & the high rate mobility components.
    I went to social srvices to ask how to apply for a blue badge.
    They said that because i get the high rate for both components im elligible for a blue badge.
    Hope this helps