CFS Infection Tests

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Andrew111, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

I am trying to give helpful information to my doctor, without overloading him. What I'm working on now is which infections have been found to be associated with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I have found two sources on the Internet which together I hope will give him the full picture.

I would appreciate opinions on whether you think this covers it. If not, what document or documents will cover it.
  2. outofstep

outofstep Member

There is more specialized testing available (which I'm not yet familiar with), plus there may be some news re: viruses at the IACFS/ME conference in March, but those are a good start because many can be treated and if you have them then it will demonstrated immune dysfunction. Good luck!
  3. Timaca

Timaca New Member

If you go to the hhv-6 website...the patient forum...the Testing at Focus Diagnostics thread (started by Timaca--that's me)....I've listed a LOT of tests that are worth getting.

In a nutshell, some good ones to start with....HHV-6, EBV, Chlamydia pneumonia, Parvo, Lyme and other tick borne pathogens, CMV, HSV1 and HSV2, VZV, Mycoplasma pneumonia, Coxiella.

Best, Timaca