CFS made front page of

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SpecialK82, Mar 26, 2009.

1. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

Check out home page in large box at the top "10 diseases your doctor doesn't understand". CFS is number 2 in the slide show.

While it's just a small blurp and it doesn't go far enough to explain the debilitation of CFS, it certainly is taken seriously and does not mention any psychological basis.

I think this is very positive for our community!

2. spacee

spacee Member

It didn't go far enough but it was POSITIVE!!

Then that other disease that has things growing out of scars, they had the audacity to say it was thought by docs to be "mental".

As my kid's pediatrician said once, "if it isn't in their heads (docs), then it is in yours".

3. 3gs

3gs New Member

ummmmcouldnt find it just a big ad for cymbalta
  4. greatgran

greatgran Member

I am with 3gs, found a big ad for cymbalta
  5. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

sorry guys, it looks like it disappeared. It was in the big window to the left of the Cymbalta ad - where it rotates through a couple of articles. It may still be on the site but not on the front page anymore - I quickly looked in the health section to try and find it, but I could not.

Spacee - "if it isn't in their heads (docs), then it is in yours".

I love that, how funny - too bad it's true!

[This Message was Edited on 03/27/2009]
  6. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member
  7. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

thanks bigmama2!
  8. aftermath

aftermath New Member

Mark my words, if Ampligen is improved, we are going to see the biggest press in the history of this illness.

I'm not very optimistic about the drug itself, but its potential to create public awareness is unrivaled.

Dr. Daniel Peterson recently commented at the Reno conference that big pharma and the money behind it is finally starting to get interested in this illness.

All it takes is 1 drug to be approved for the floodgates to open.