CFS/Marshall Protocol doctor under investigation by medical baord?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by kwar, Apr 7, 2009.

1. kwar

kwar New Member

Hi, I'm new here.

i wanted to start the Marshall Protocol but i got told today bya patient there that a doctor is being investigated by the Washington State Medical board because a whole bunch of her patients were hurt by taking it.

Does anyone know anything about it? The doctor is a Dr Susan J Shlifer.

there's a linke to the investigation here http://tinyurl.com/d8j4t5

Please tell me if you know about this i really need to know if this is safe or not.

kwar
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

This would be very good to post on the ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome board here for them to participate.
  3. BluesDog

BluesDog New Member

I am new here also, but not to ProHealth or CFS organizations. I was for 20 years with one of the nations premier CFS physicians, he is on the CFIDS physician advisory board, and a published researcher. I was going to try the Marshall protocol, and he advised against it, saying that not one of his patients who had been on it achieved any significant results whatsoever. This internist, who shall remain nameless, has devoted himself to CFS for 20 years, and is one of the most honest and intelligent people I have met, let alone among physicians. This voice of extreme experience convinced me that it was not worth trying. The fact that it has been around for years, and has not caught on as a general cure-all for these conditions, also convinced me it was not the "magic bullet." Sounds good on paper though. Good luck.
  4. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I strongly suggest you put a copy of your post on the Chronic Fatigue board here, if you have not already. It would be very helpful for them.
  5. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member