cfs/me book explains it all--Osler's Web

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by simonedb, Jul 30, 2008.

1. simonedb

simonedb Member

by Hilary Johnson

if you want to read a well documented history on cfids, the outbreaks all around the country starting like 30 years ago and the politics that remain to this day making it hard to get consistently good care in many places.

It will explain a lot and answer many of your questions.

its an interesting read, mentions the key players like cheney and peterson, dubois, jessop etc

I am just starting it but have heard some of the info before from others who already read it.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/30/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 07/30/2008]
  2. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

It explains so much. I still wonder about the virus that was found in us invivo that could never be replicated because the scientists who were claiming to follow up the finding with their own experiments never tested for it invivo. If i recall correctly, invivo means live blood analysis or something like that. Something odd was found and I still wonder today if there's some virus that's responsible for all this.

And just exactly why our DD seems to have been glossed over and covered up. Who has something to gain by that? Insurance companies come to mind.

[This Message was Edited on 08/06/2008]
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

Good for you!

As far as I'm concerned, it should be required reading for every person who gets diagnosed with "chronic fatigue syndrome"!!!

Until you know the history, you cannot comprehend the WHY of our government agencies and their neglect of M.E.

4. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

My sentiments EXACTLY!

5. simonedb

simonedb Member

glad to hear there are others ahead of the game with reading this. I don't know why I didnt learn about it til the last year and took me awhile to finally buy it.
    I want everyone to know!!
    [This Message was Edited on 07/31/2008]