CFS Meds: What do you take?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by beckime, Jun 17, 2006.

1. beckime

beckime New Member

I live in South Georgia and have yet to find a doc here who actually acknowledges the disease. What meds work for you guys? Do any of you live in South Georgia or North Florida and if so, have you found a doc?

Becki
  2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I have severe, disabling CFS, and have found a number of things to be helpful:

1. Lots of vegetebles every day, plus daily green veggie juices and wheatgrass shots. The more live food I eat, the less my symptoms. This has helped me over the years more than any drug or herb I've tried, especially with fatigue and brain fog.

2. A good sleep cocktail: magnesium powder, melatonin, and klonopin (although I'm trying to wean off of the klonopini and would like to try something else for sleep).

3. For inflamation and pain, Tylenol works the best for me, though many people with Fibro--and CFS too--take something stronger.

4. Seriphos: a product that has helped me with overactive adrenal glands (my adrenal glands produce too much cortisol in the evening and at night). I would do an Adrenal Stress Index/Saliva test first, before using this, though.

5. Something good for fighting Candida. I take grapefruit seed extract.

I also take COQ10, Chinese herbs, fish oil, at the moment, and I've tried many, many other things. I've done Teitlebaum's online program, but I haven't tried all of his recommendations, and I've generally tried to go the more holistic route.

To get more responses on this question, you might post a message like "For CFS, what five things that have helped you the most?" -- or something like that.

I hope this was helpful.

Kholmes