CFS: New Jersey CFS Research Center in the works.......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by denis321, Jul 10, 2009.

1. denis321

denis321 New Member

Please write to support creation of a research center in New Jersey focused on neuroendoimmune diseases, with CFS/ME specifically included. This affects YOU, even if you do not live in New Jersey.

This has already been passed unanimously by New Jersey State Assembly and is now in the state Senate.

See below for details. Thank the Assemblyman(woman) sponsors and write to the sponsoring Senators (Weinberg/ Bateman), who could use the encouragement/letters:

http://www.prohealth.com/ME-CFS/library/showArticle.cfm?libid=14673&B1=EM070809C

Of note, one of the Assemblyman sponsors is also a physician (Herb Conaway).
  2. denis321

denis321 New Member

A bi-partisan bill with a R and a D - as it should be as CFS doesn't care if you are a Republican or Democrat.

STATE OF NEW JERSEY

213th LEGISLATURE

INTRODUCED JUNE 22, 2009

Sponsored by:

Senator CHRISTOPHER "KIP" BATEMAN

District 16 (Morris and Somerset)

Senator LORETTA WEINBERG

District 37 (Bergen)

SYNOPSIS

Urges Governor and memorializes Congress to encourage establishment of research center in New Jersey dedicated to chronic neuroendocrine immune disorders.

A Senate Resolution urging the Governor and memorializing Congress to encourage the establishment of a research center in New Jersey dedicated to chronic neuroendocrine immune disorders.

Whereas, Neuroendocrine immune disorders (NEIDs) currently include Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalopathy, Fibromyalgia, Gulf War illness, Lyme disease, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Syndrome, and other environmental illnesses; and

Whereas, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalopathy, Fibromyalgia, Gulf War illness, Lyme disease, and Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Syndrome have been characterized as being as disabling as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary disease, End-stage Renal failure, and Rheumatoid Arthritis; and as life-impairing as Multiple Sclerosis, AIDS, and cancer chemotherapy treatments; and

(It's too long to post in entirety. Go to:

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2008/Bills/SR/133_I1.HTM

for more details.)

3. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

thanks so much for posting - I'm very excited about this center and that we are getting more attention!

Kristina
  4. bakeman

bakeman New Member