CFS, now allergies, sinusitis etc. causing BIG ANXIETY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Sep 27, 2005.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Those of you with CFS do you suffer from allergies, sinusitis, head and ear pressure, off balance and if so does this cause greater
    anxiety for you...

I am having the sinus problems (no pain just a morning headache) the horrible head , ear pressure and ringing in ears, which I have ringing 24/7 with or without the allergies..
    But with this comes the most awful anxiety..Its horrible I feel like I am in a horror movie and going completely crazy..I have to double up on my xanax just to get thru the day which is spent in bed...

Can anyone relate to this? When the problem goes away my anxiety is back to the usual anxiety I have...

Thanks,
    greatgran
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

What are you taking for your allergies? It sounds like you need something. My doc said that allergy symptoms were listed as the number one factor in determining quality of life. Don't know if I agree with him, but they can make you pretty miserable.
    Terri
  3. greatgran

greatgran Member

I am on Ceftin an antibodic, Flonase spray, and I use a saline nose spray also..The sinusitis, allergies if that is what it is doesn't bother me that much..Except for the ear, head pressure and off balance feeling..But this anxiety
    depression is so bad...

I suffer from anxiety/depression but nothing like this and every time I have this my anxiety /depression is so bad I
    feel I can't take another minute of it....

The doctors I have seen are clueless just told me to get plenty of rest, fluids and take the xanax...wich I take everyday but with this I have to take more..This usually happens after a cfs flare...None of this makes sense to me, nor does this disease...

Thanks you
  4. citrine

citrine New Member

Hi Greatgran, I have FM and have allergies,sinusitis,I use Flonase nasal spray,Entsol nasal mist,Gentamycin as a nasal wash,different antibiotics,but nothing seems to work,I get a low grade fever and then I feel worse,I ache all over,it is terrible and I get fed up,I have anxiety/depression and take Klonopin,Pamelor,Zoloft,no pills are miracle workers so I know how you feel,maybe you need a stronger pill or a different pill for your anxiety/depression,you have to keep fighting,do not give up,hope you start feeling better soon. Citrine
  5. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thank you for your support..It is a miserable feeling isn't it..Does it make your anxiety/depression worse??

You are right I know I can't give up..I am going to rest today increase my xanax and hoping for improvement soon...I have had this before and somehow make it..Its just when I think its gone and I get to feeling better then it shows up again...

I haven't been able to tolerate AD's but on my last visit to my doc she seems to think we really need to try for one I can take...I need something...

Have a good day and thank you
  6. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thanks for you great input..I am so curious as to why the anxiety hits so hard actually puts me to bed I am not functional until the sinus, allergries clear and my anxiety returns back to the usual which as you put it isn't to great...

I check my blood sugar and its ok but I do have reactive hypoglycemia and haven't been eating like I should got into the chocolate over the weekend..I always try to drink lots of water...

It does help to know that someone understands because my doc just looks at me....

Thank you