CFS on NBC News this Friday night!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mezombie, Oct 31, 2006.

1. mezombie

mezombie Member

From SacWriterEditor@aol.com: (NOT MeZombie! I'm just passing this on!)

It was announced at the seminar on Saturday that there will be a segment on
    Friday's NBC Nightly News about CFS to kickoff the new ad campaign.

If you miss the show, you can see it online at
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/ (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/)
    after 10 PM Eastern/7 PM Pacific.

There was a teaser during the 5 PM news that sounded like they were going to
    talk about CFS every night this week, but then they introduced tonight's
    health segment with "this week, we're doing a series on women's health." I know
    a goodly portion of our members are NOT women.....

If you have any comments on the segment, or on the classification as
    "women's health", address them to <nightly@nbc.com> (mailto:nightly@nbc.com) .
    That's nightly @ nbc . com

Karen M. Campbell
    Sacramento, Calif.
    Founder, _www.CFSFacts.org_ (http://www.cfsfacts.org/) -- dispelling the
    myths and providing the facts

OCTOBER IS DISABILITY AWARENESS MONTH

[This Message was Edited on 10/31/2006]
  2. tinktink

tinktink New Member

Thanks for the info I will watch it.
    Best Wishes Diana
  3. Jeanette62

Jeanette62 New Member

Thanks for posting about this, especially about the link in case I get busy and forget at least I can watch it later.

Jeanette
  4. johnston

johnston New Member

on the link!
  5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

just got my newsletter from CFIDS and it says that this show will air on Thursday!! It's related to the awareness campaign. I cut and pasted part of the newsletter below. So confusing. I'll have to watch the show all week just in case!

From the CFIDS newsletter:
    Look for these stories about CFS!

We have been actively pitching this story and there has been considerable early interest from the press. Although many reporters don’t let us know in advance, some have already confirmed their intention to do a story on CFS and the campaign. Look for these stories in the national press:

NBC Nightly News – Thursday, November 2, on the evening news
    U.S. News and World Report – Friday, November 3
    United Press International – Friday, November 3, a syndicated article will be written and will be picked up by print and broadcast media across the country
    Fox Television Network – will do a national feed that can be picked up by Fox affiliates in cities across the country and aired on local news programs
    Clear Channel Radio Network – national feed that can be picked up by affiliates in cities across the country
    Rolanda Show, Greenstone Media Network - Friday, November 3, 1:20
  6. findmind

findmind New Member

I hope that everyone will watch this closely with an eye as to whether the "slant" is that we are unable to cope with stressors of life!! Let them know there is a much better story through Dr. Jonathon Kerr, whose genetic studies prove the illness changes the genes, not the other way around.

I also hope that those who want to will send emails regarding the "branding" of the name CFS, when the correct name should be Myalgic Encephalopathy, as Dr. Kenny DeMerlier, the editor of the Journal of CFS, calls it, or ME.

I hope all the men with CFS will email them, letting them know THEY are out here also!

Every time TV mentions the word CFS, millions tune in/call in, etc., so they love to get the night the show goes on confused in our minds so we don't bombard them! Do it anyway!

Thanks again, mezombie, for this vitally important info..

Many hugs
    findmind
  7. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

So you are saying they confuse the air time on purpose!!!!
    I will email them for sure after I watch the show. And any others I happen to catch.
  8. findmind

findmind New Member

It's hard to accuse them of confusing the time of their showings "on purpose", but because of the overwhelming responses to all airings of CFS shows/blurbs, yes, I think it is on purpose.

findmind