CFS, or something worse? was I misdiagnosed?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

A private fear of mine. Please bear with me.

I've been to the FFC, got diagnosis of adrenal insufficiency, thyroid & other hormone problems, and a trace of mycoplasma... I know their testing is very thorough, but is there something they could be missing?

Are there other diseases I should be tested for? It scares me how weak I am.
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

but I happen to be awake...what about Lyme? I'm sure you've been tested for it, but thought I'd throw that out. I hope you are able to get some more energy. Also, have you been tested for mercury poisoning? My son had it, and he's doing a bit better, now that we've had his fillings replaced. God bless, Terri
  3. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

Have you been to a neurologist?
  4. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Shannon,
    I know I sound like a broken record here. If you have not been tested by Igenex for Lyme, please request the test.

I started at FFC in March of last year. After 6 months, was worse. Up until that time I had only been tested by Quest for lyme disease at the FFC.

In October I was tested by Igenex at FFC, and came up positive for lyme. In combination with my symptom picture, as well as other labs, then diagnosed with lyme.

Why is it that you feel something has been missed in the diagnosis? Metals is a possibility, although I believe FFC does test for that. What are the symptoms that persist? Have they gotten worse?

What medications are you on? Could you be weak from herxing?

Wishing you the best,
    Hopeful4