cfs or stres???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sumbuni, Aug 10, 2003.

1. sumbuni

sumbuni New Member

last night i suffered a really bad panic attack. I thought I was dying. I became dizzy, nauseous, trembling, sweating profusely...

I turned up the A/C, and lay in bed almost completely nude just trying to get cool. My heart was pounding, and i was so weak i could hardly move. My head began to throb...I was sure I was having a heart attack or stroke or something that would take me out!!

Can you guess what brought on this episode???

A game of "Frogger"!

I am convinced that I have found the root of my sickness...STRESS!

There is an article on this site that tells of one doctors suspicions that extended periods of stress (years even) may be what causes cfs/cfids/fms.

Today I did some research on "stress". Guess what....stress can cause all the problems we suffer...and more...and worse.

So,for beginners, I, for one, am going to work on this thing called "stress" and see if it can clear up my misery.

With God's help, maybe this is what is wrong with "sumbuni".

Just thought I'd pass this tidbit along...maybe it won't cure, but just possibly it might HELP.

Sumbuni (it's from the song "You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Loves You....instead of Somebody..."Sumbuni"...)
  2. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

Sorry, but it did make me laugh. I can't play fast games anymore, or watch fast commercials on TV or anything like that.

I'm sorry a stupid game affected you so badly!!!

Now that you have CFS/FMS, I don't know if getting rid of the stress will cure you. But I hope I'm wrong!!! But it will definitely enhance your chances of healing!

Maybe you could try some nice slow games, like Civilization or King's Quest or Solitaire (just don't watch the cards move).
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

My CFS and FM are both stress induced, but I have removed most of the stress from my life and it has not made one bit of difference. The damage has been done and I doubt it will be undone any time soon.

One thing that removing stress from your life will do is help you avoid what happened last night and also perhaps avoid the adrenal fatigue that many of us are learnign we have.

I wish you luck!

Barbara