CFS Patients . . .

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nanajw, Aug 29, 2005.

1. nanajw

nanajw New Member

Any of you CFS or CFIDS patients that also have been diagnosed with cardiomyopathy??? Was reading that most if not all CFS patients have cardiomyopathy and just wondered if any of you found that to be true?

Thanks!
  2. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Dear Nanajaw:

I have CFS. Could you please explain what is Cardiomyopathy is? I have been wanting to go to a Cardiologist because my heart is always racing. My rate is always 110 to 120, even at rest. I don't lke to sleep on my left side touching the matress because the thumping is annoying. Could this be cardiomyopathy??

Hugs,
    Francey
  3. nanajw

nanajw New Member

Cardiomyopathy is a serious disease in which the heart muscle becomes inflamed and doesn't work as well as it should. An article that I read recently indicated that virtually 100% of CFS or CFIDS patients have cardiomyopathy. I am taking the article that I printed off to my primary physician in a couple of weeks to have him check me for cardiomyopathy, since I have been diagnosed as having CFS. Scary thing, eh?!
  4. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have CFIDS and this heart issue is scary. I went a year ago to a cardio. for test because of an abnormal EKG. I had
    the holiter monitor, ego and another EKG
    The cardio said everything was ok..but my EKG is still abnormal..He said PVC's from anxiety..

I have a slow heart rate and thick blood so this does concern me..Exactly what other test should we have to rule out or confirm a of Dx Cardiomyopathy?

If all heart test are ok could we still have it?

Scary,
    greatgran
  5. nanajw

nanajw New Member

As I understand it, cardiomyopathy can be diagnosed by an echocardiogram and also a cardiac MRI. If your cardio doctor doesn't know that you have CFS, you might want to clue him in. I did a google request on "Cardiomyopathy and CFS and they have several articles on it.

Thanks for your posts!!!
  6. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Nanajw:

I will definitely be seeing a Cardiologist soon. I don't like the sound of this. Thank you for bringing it up

Francey