CFS people lose their fingerprints...my experience with the cop

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by foggygirl, Nov 10, 2006.

1. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

When I read on one of the posts (I think it was Prickles--thanks for that by the way) that CFS people lose their fingerprints and was then steered to the article about it which suggested we go to the police and get fingerprinted--I did just that. Or...tried to. Here's what happened:

Keep in mind that I'm a country girl and haven't been in a police station since I took my drivers test 40 years ago. I also just finished grocery shopping, etc., and was really starting to hurt and was draining fast and was starting to get cranky--which is unusual for me.

Anyway, I walked into the State police barricks and found myself in this room with a long smoked plate-glass wall on one side, a locked door in front of me and not a person in sight. I must have looked rather befuddled (fibro-fog setting in) and I could hear a woman rudely laughing. Then I could barely hear a mans voice saying something. So, I said "I can hear you but can't see you" The womans voice sounded like she'd pee herself laughing--You just KNOW when someone is laughing at you. I finally got it thru my head to walk over to the glass and saw a grapefruit-sized metal thing that you were to talk into. Finally the male cop leaned close enough to the glass that I could sort of see him and he told me to push that little black button (about the size of a quarter) to talk. I leaned close enough in to be able to see this woman that was still laughing her guts out at me. I pushed the button and let go of it-thinking it'd make it an open mike and started to state my request. The male cop made a big deal out of telling me I had to hold it on the whole time I talked. This really increased Attilla-The Hunn's laughter. I was really getting ticked at her rudeness and I said something like "Boy, you think this is funnier than [edited] don't you? Didn't your momma teach you any manners?"--which only made her laugh more....and probably confirmed her belief that I was the ultimate country bumpkin.

Then the male cop said "Whatdaya want!" (just as sweet as a riled-up rattlesnake) and I told him that I'd like my fingerprints taken. "What for? ...Criminal or Employment?"

"Neither"

"Well, ya gotta have SOME reason. I have to type a reason into the computer"

So I briefly explained the CFS fingerprint thing only used 'Myalgic Encephalomyelitis' thinking it might make more of an impression on his thick pea-brain. This idiot looked at me like I was a disgusting bug that just spoke to him about martians.

He puffed himself all up and started to give me a sermon about not fingerprinting anybody that just walks thru the door because they have nothing better to do and he made some weird sound of disgust and said "I can't put THAT in the computer." All this was interspersed with Attilla the Hunn's laughter.

By this time I was really getting [edited] and said "Duh!! how about the word "medical?" Shall I spell it for you??!!"

His face started getting red so I thought it was time for me to split before he arrested me on some trumped up charge, but couldn't resist saying "[edited]" on my way out.

I'm usually a very nice, polite person, and I rarely return rude with rude. Go figure.

Now that I'm home I can (sort of) laugh about it.

Anyone else out there spaz-out when normally you wouldn't have?

Foggygirl

2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

If you cover your fingertip with ink by drawing on it really heavily with a ballpoint pen and stick your finger to paper right away (lick it if it gets too dry) it should show if you have a fingerprint or not. I have CFS and my fingerprints still show, so I suppose not every M.E. person gets this. I think an office supply store would probably sell ink pads for rubber stamps... craft stores might do that too.

Hey, I just tried the pen thing, and it works! Had to be sure. I haven't tried it since I was a kid.
    (( ))

[This Message was Edited on 11/10/2006]
  3. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

What a great story!

Ya', I get that way once in a while. I have always been overly polite even more so when people are rude...trying to cheer them up. But lately, especially on bad days I have gotten into the habit of saying what I think just loud enough that it sound like I didn't mean for them to hear it but they do. Ya' know, like the girls at the grocery store that have their hair pulled back so tight you think "no wonder you're in a bad mood, that must hurt"...as I leave I'll say "what a b****".

Got stopped one day for running a red light...actually, it was yellow. Problem was, instead of saying "sorry officer" I said "IT WASN"T RED, IT WAS YELLOW"...ticket...oops.

I blew up at my brother, and I mean BLEW, in front of my entire family including his and my kids...his wife sat there giggling (because it's the last thing ANYONE would expect of me), and my parents stood there looking at me totally befuddled, and my brother asked me what kind of drugs I was taking! (Still don't regret it. Again, unusual for me as I sit here smiling a sick smile.)

I find it kind of fun in a sick way. I'm sure it happens because I am exhausted, not thinking straight (or at all) and just sick of feeling sick. Maybe I want them to feel it too.

You go girl! Let 'em have it! Morons! Jerks! Fat A** stupid thug! Tee hee hee.

Joann
  4. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

You know I think everyone has at some point or another lost their temper. ESPECIALLY when they are being treated with such disrespect. You had every right to be angry at how they were laughing at you and treating you like you were some sort of idiot. That is just plain WRONG!

I don't care who they are and what their job is that doesn't give them any right to treat people with disrespect. No job gives ANYONE the right to treat people that way. I am sure not all of them are that way but the ones who are don't have a right to treat people that way.

Anyhow your story was too funny! I am glad you can laugh about it now :) Even the most polite of us can spaz-out on ocassion...and this is one I surely wouldn't worry about.

Hope your finger prints stay in tact :) Mine still are. I had never heard that before.

Thanks!
    Pam
  5. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Mega- nerds I say! Don't fear talking back!~ My mom started when she was 65 or so, and she never felt so good as when she stopped being so darn "nice".
  6. and has calmed back down *some* now, for about a year & a half, she was *SCARY!*

But, she was raised in a time of women being polite, quiet, non-complaining, and in the dirt poor country, where, if you *did* complain--wouldn't do any good anyways...but, you know, she, even after being married to my abusive father for 20yrs, and my wonderful--but not without some flaws- stepdad for 18...

She finally got tired of acting like she did not hurt, (has fibro, diverticulitis, diabetes, & survived cancer, but had a full hysterectomy--the trigger-I believe for fibro) and tired of other* peoples rudeness, aggressive/dangerous driving, people talking down to her, or about me or my sister, for being ill, etc...and boyyyy

Fourty+ years of pent up *true* thoughts & feelings, ARE NOT GOOD....cuz when it blows up---it ALLLL comes out at once....any & everyone she's ever been mad at got it. LOL and rightfully so, but had no idea what to think or do about it.

I was glad to see her finally stand up for herself. My stepsisters walked all over her & treated her with SUCH disrepect, ----they still* aren't welcome to her house if *she* is there. She leaves so they *can* see their dad, or he goes to them. This might sound a bit harsh, but, it truly isn't. She put up with a LOT for 17 yrs.

However, I am STILL scared to ride in her car with her! LOL seriously, she's had the lead foot for about 3 yrs now, she will *not* be one of those "short elderly people on the highway, with their turn signal on for miles before the turn, & going 25mph in a 60mph zone..." this* I know.

Anyways, a bit off track here, foggygirl, YOU BET I've snapped! Too much...I'm not allowed to be in public while on steroids--that's for SURE! LOL I never used to be that way, really...well, a little, but not like I have been in the past 2 yrs--steroid rage! Whew. Embarassing, and then, yes, you have to laugh (and pray to God not to let you lose it like that again, LOL!)

I'm kind of upset at someone lashing out at you...seeing as you made NO blanketed type statement in your post, and I'm sorry if you've been reported...

You are angry at a male cop, and a woman also who works at the police station....nowhere did I see you say "all cops are....." or that you hated ANY police officers, just talking about your experience with 2 ppl who treated you badly.

Heck, you didn't even say you disliked that entire particular *station* much less ALL police officers, etc..

So, I hope you don't feel hurt or upset...

LORD KNOWS PEOPLE CAN BASH THE HECK OUT OF MEDICAL STAFF with little or NO complaints. Because that's something we can almost ALL relate to....and there (is/has been) doctor(s) nurses, EMT's, etc on this board, who did not take offense. (I'm one who was an EMT) I take no offense, because I know that PEOPLE (profession does not matter!) from cashiers, to doctors, to any ole' average Joe, can treat us bad. As well as other people.

I hope this makes sense, I'm extremely fatigued, but, wanted to say, there was nothing offensive in your post, to my knowledge, I don't think others would think so either,

Maybe someone's just having a bad day, lord knows we're all entitled to those, but, I try not to post when I'm having a real bad one, we're all sick, and don't need to be lashed out at on *here*

Prickles(was it?) is right about the ink, and also, even in Wal-Mart, in the crafts section, they sell ink pads/stamps etc. You can pick the color, that way! LOL Green, red, ???? Alternate, lol for christmas.

Well, if you hadn't left the station, & got arrested, at least you would have gotten fingerprinted, LOL It just might have been quite costly. ;-)

(((((((Hugs))))))))) to all
  7. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

hhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    I lauged OUT LOUD not just LOL, I mean OUT LOUD.

Your description was too funny. You should put a discalimer on the end of the post (No police officers were hurt in the making of this story).

I know you mean no offense to our Officers. I got the jist of the ppl that were just plain treating you bady. I feel for your - but geeeez.... so darn funny - your description!

He eh he

P.S> could totally see myslef standing behind all of those windows and panicking and not knowing where to go - thats what was soo fuuny, I could see myself doing the same thing. And the button thing too... funny![This Message was Edited on 11/10/2006]
  8. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

No, I'm not hurt or affended--I'll just add it to my list for this weird day. Water off a ducks back, so to speak.

Your post almost made ME be the one to pee my pants laughing. That was such a hoot that I'm still laughing--made the day worthwhile.

If nothing else, I hope this post gave some of us a chuckle--Lord knows, we can use all the laughter we can get.

Best wishes.
    Keep Smiling.

Foggygirl

9. Glad you aren't offended/upset, yep chalk it up to those "must be a full moon" type of things, no biggie.

Glad you got a chuckle out of my post too, lol, I'm so spacey, but, once I re-read it, I too, giggled..

I only giggled at your post, towards the end, once I saw you* were fine with it too...after the anger, insult, etc..

all that's left to do, is 1.) scratch your head, 2.) shrug 3.) laugh it off, 4.) add it to the 'weird/whatever" moments 5.) walk away knowing "I may not be the brightest bulb in the bunch....but, there's always someone that comes along and makes me look like I'm the RED crayon, somedays, LOL even despite that whole (giggle) "smoke & mirrors" (couldn't resist) thing, & the button thingy..

*smile*

Take care. I'm the same, after anger subsides, if I DO get angry---I enjoy those moments where you're walking off going,,,,,,,"did that just really happen" or, "ok, what the heck just happened in there??"

LOL

Laura, aka A.A.G.A.I.O.W. (whew, even the abbreviation of my username is long! LOL)
  10. u34rb

u34rb New Member

I don't know about fingerprints disappearing with CFS, (I still have mine), but I do know that it's possible to have more than one set of DNA! I wonder if disease can cause this?

Anyone know how many sets of DNA they have?
  11. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

How do you find out how many sets of DNA you have? Hopefully not at the police station.

amnotasgoodasIusedtobe(I hope that's right--very foggy today): Sorry I didn't get back to you last night--I crashed--too busy of a day yesterday.

Foggygirl
  12. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi,
    Wow,
    It certainly would not have hurt either one of them to just come up to the window and helped you without all the drama. They knew you were feeling out of sorts, and embarrassed. I saw nothing in your post that was disrespectful to anyone but the two people who were disrespectful to you first. I am glad you can laugh at it not. It sounds like something silly I would do.
    Libra55....take a chill pill: just because your husband is a police officer, it does not mean every officer in the world deserves undying respect no matter what. I certainly hope if she needs an officer, there is one to help her!
    Jesus loves you!
    Kellyann
  13. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

Thanks to all who went to bat for me. This is one of the reasons that this board is so special.

I really don't hold anything against the officers' wife--I think that there are days when we are all so sick and tired of being sick and tired that we get grumpy and maybe lash out at someone. Maybe I was just that someone in the way yesterday.

night all

Foggygirl
  14. u34rb

u34rb New Member

Foggygirl,

Apparently you will need to test each body fluid and different organ samples. For instance, DNA from saliva can differ from blood or semen or kidney tissue, etc. I don't think that there is any diagnostic purpose involved. It has been discovered by accident, and it is believed that a significant proportion of the population has this abnormality. Maybe there will be a medical purpose in future.
  15. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have a family full of Police people .I thought your story was funny also.

I do not usually use words like a..hole but one day I had to have my blood taken and the guy who took it stuck me several times and one went thew the vein and back out my skin, Boy did it hurt.As I was leaving I called him an a..hole .I surprized myself.
    I'm a lot more blunt since I have had this DD .LOL

Wouldnt it be funny if libras husband told her the same story LOL Really lighten up its just funny[This Message was Edited on 11/11/2006]
  16. victoria

victoria New Member

It was about 'I am my own twin" -

sounds bizarre, but there are some people who, in utero, apparently absorbed very early a fraternal twin...

So sometimes their children do not even have the mother's DNA due to this...

and as u34rb said, different parts of some people's bodies have different DNAs due to this.

This seeming anomaly almost caused one mother to lose rights to her children since none of them had her DNA, the gov't thought she was 'posing' in order to get welfare benefits.

best,
    Victoria

17. Juloo

Juloo Member

Sorry, Libra55, but I grew up in a really small town in Louisiana, and Foggygirl's story has depressingly familiar overtones.

I should preface this by saying that I had two high school classmates that went on to become officers, and they were great guys, but every profession has its less-than-professionals, and unfortunately, I always seemed to walk in when the latter runs the show.

From my experience, I'd say that having to continually interface with people who were rude, drunk, obnoxious and armed puts (some) officers in a position where they have a certain level of contempt for a lot of the people that make up their work day. And unfortunately, this spills over into their dealing with people who are *not* rude, drunk, obnoxious or armed. And because a few bad apples can spoil the whole barrel, this colors the public's perceptions.

I can't believe your husband wouldn't agree that the two people Foggygirl had to deal with were incredibly rude and obnoxious and abusing of their position.
  18. woofmom

woofmom New Member

At one time I was married to a deputy sheriff. He turned out to be the meanest person I've ever been around. No, I take that back. Anyone can be mean. He was cruel. His badge only made him worse.
  19. elliespad

elliespad Member

There's a LOT of funny stuff in this thread.
  20. Summit

Summit New Member

Sorry to laugh (I'm not laughing at you, but with you) these people were very rude, and unproffesional in my opinion. They are suppose to be Public Servants!! I was not aware of the fingerprints disappearing thing....whoa, that's kind strange.(sorry, don't mean that persoanlly or anything) I think anyone in your position would have felt the same as you. And I think they deserved to spaz-out alittle. If you want your fingerprints taken (why not take them yourself) when I took out a CD, my daughter who works at the bank brought me the paperwork, which wanted my finger print on it. I simply took my water paints, added just enough water to make it "inky" dabbed my finger in it, then put my finger on a piece of scratch paper to get rid of excess ink, then onto the document, and presto...perfect fingerprint! ps. I happen to be a country girl too (I am a farmer) and for those who don't know it, it takes alot of brains to be a farmer/country person...you have to know about animals, their care, crops. how to mix chemicals, fix machinery among other things, and on an on...