CFS/perimenopause or pre-menopause related

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hazygal, May 12, 2003.

1. hazygal

hazygal New Member

i've got alot of symptoms of peri-menopause and CFS... The fatigue is the worst of all on top of the aggitation. Probably from lack of sleep. Do others notice this? I can't immagine going on the rest of my life like this. Last week I was elated and I thought the reason for my symptoms was because of pre menopause which can be worse then the real menopause BTW. I've got two or three lesions on brain. I get a creeping sensation throughout my muscles sort of like an inside shakiness, it's too hard to describe. Sort of like when you get butterflies in your tummy? But aallllllllllll over and it doesn't go away, and i'm crashingly fatigued all-over too. Do any of you relate? I just can't imagine going on the rest of my life like this. I can't DO ANYTHING! Everyone thinks i'm crazy and/or lazy! My home is a pig sty today because of this DD! If that is what it is.... It sure isn't MS, been tested for that.
  2. LW

LW Member

I've had CFS for over 20 years. Became perimenopausal about five years ago and found my CFS symtoms increasingly worse and worse. Brain fog and crashing fatigue were my worse problems.
    Also had some panic attacks, which may be similar to the aggitation you have been feeling. Now in the throws of menopause and it hasn't been easy trying to find some sort of balance. I won't say I've found a cure, but I will say that hormonal replacement therapy plays a part (and it took me a long, long time to find the right combination and products. Actually, I'm still working on it). My panic attacks were also helped by taking wellbutrin, a well-know anti-anxiety medication which helps maintain proper levels of dopomine(sp?) an epanepherine (sp?) in the brain. I tried other antidepressants prior to this. Like other CFS patients, couldn't take them because they increased my insomnia. And, yes, insomnia goes with the territory. So, you might first concentrate on making sure your HRT levels are where they need to be assuming you are taking hormones. Then you might look into something to help reduce your anxiety and help you sleep. This should get you started at least.

LW
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Hazygirl, welcome to the board. When you mix menopause with CFS or FM its a bad combination.

I have FM and when I hit the memopause everything got worst. BUT it does get better. So cheer up, the menopause will pass, hopefully for you quickly.

I had FM way before the change, so I would venture to say it does not cause it, it just makes both these illnesses harder to deal with.

I made it without the HRT, too much cancer in my immediate family for me to try that one.

As for that anxiety, it could be caused by soooo many things. Stress, menopause, foods, meds, allergies, etc!

I sure hope you get some relief soon. BUT do not feel you can't make it, you can we are tougher than we think we are.

My house looks like a 'pigpen' too sometimes, but hay, no one ever died of a an upset house!

Take care of yourself, and try to cut out some of the stress.

Shalom, Shirl