CFS Print Ads Appear in Nat'l Magazines/full article here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fight4acure, Jun 8, 2006.

1. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 6:36 PM
    Subject: ACT: Public Awareness Campaign Update: CFS Print Ads Appear in National Magazines

http://www.cfids.org/cfidslink/2006/pac3.asp

Public Awareness Campaign Update

CFS Print Ads Appear in National Magazines

As part of the CFS Public Awareness Campaign, a full-page color print ad about chronic fatigue syndrome appears in the July issues of Ladies' Home Journal and Better Homes and Gardens, which are on the newsstands this week.

These two magazines have a combined readership of more than 20 million, giving us the opportunity to elevate CFS in the minds of millions of Americans.

The ad depicts the impact of CFS and educates people about the symptoms of the illness. It carries both the CDC and the Department of Health and Human Services logos, clearly signaling that CFS is a public health concern. The ad points people to the CDC website where new content about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment are now available. The website is still under construction, and additional content will be added later this summer. Go to www.cdc.gov/cfs to view the content that has been posted so far.

The print ad also introduces the campaign slogan, "Get informed. Get diagnosed. Get help." This call to action will appear on all the public awareness materials distributed as part of the CFS public awareness campaign, including TV and radio PSAs and the traveling photo exhibit.

Look for the ad in Ladies Home Journal and Better Homes and Gardens soon on newsstands nationwide.

Press Event Postponed

The press event scheduled for June 7 at the National Press Club has been postponed. Top officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) who are responsible for the CFS public awareness campaign have decided to wait to announce new research findings about the prevalence of CFS until after the research has been published in a peer-reviewed journal. While this was an unexpected and last-minute decision, it will allow us to have a major research announcement at a press conference later in the summer that will augment media and public interest in CFS and the campaign.

The press event will be rescheduled to coincide with publication of the new research. Stay tuned to CFIDSLink, and we'll let you know the new date so you can view portions of the press conference online within hours of the
    event! We'll also let you know where and when you can see "The Faces of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome," the campaign's wonderful traveling photo exhibit.

Spark CFS Awareness Website Opens Soon

We are putting the final touches on the CFIDS Association's campaign microsite, and it will go live later in June. This new microsite, which is part of the Association's main website ( www.cfids.org<http://www.cfids.org/> ), will provide easy-to-understand, current information on diagnosing and treating CFS. It will also include educational material for the general public, patients, caregivers and health care professionals.

<http://www.cfids.org/cfidslink/2006/print-tv.jpg>

This full-page ad appears in the July issues of Ladies Home Journal and Better Homes and Gardens, on newsstands by mid June.
    ---------------------------------------------

Co-Cure's purpose is to provide information from across the spectrum of opinion concerning medical, research and political aspects of ME/CFS and/or FMS. We take no position on the validity of any specific scientific or political opinion expressed in Co-Cure posts, and we urge readers to research the various opinions available before assuming any one interpretation is definitive. The Co-Cure website <www.co-cure.org> has a
    link to our complete archive of posts as well as articles of central importance to the issues of our community.
    ---------------------------------------------
  2. phoenixrising2

phoenixrising2 New Member

for the information!
  3. Dolphin_lover

Dolphin_lover New Member

thanks for this info. I am following this awareness campaign closely and would like to know when and where the information shows up.

Thanks again
    Dolphin
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I was about to write to you as for some reason I was not seeing your posts lately.

Thanks for the article update.

Love Anne Cromwell
  5. painandagony

painandagony New Member

If it wasn't for you guys, I just wouldn't be looking up the cfs website.
  6. findmind

findmind New Member

Hi, my favorite researcher....you can tell me about anything, I love you!lol
    Some people have a hard time hearing the truth about CFS.

The fact that people actually die from it is hard to bear;

The fact that people's spouses leave them because of it is hard to face;

The fact that little children can have it an be totally unable to communicate what they're feeling is horrible to even think about;

The fact that men, especially, who think they HAVE to be eternally strong, soldier on until they can't take it anymore, and kill themselves, is unthinkable, right?;

The fact that a 15 year old can't make it through high school, even with tutoring and a life is cut short before it begins because there is NO treatment;

Yes, these facts, including the ones you mentioned (that CFS is more debilitating and disabling than the last 2 months of an AIDS patiens life, than cancer and MS)...they are all almost impossible to believe.

THEY ARE ALL TRUE...
    I wonder only what the CDC has told the doctors to DO for us now that they want all the other 3 million to get active and get diagnosed!

We'll see...
    There's always hope!
    findmind
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

you got the info for us all and thank you for it...

jodie