CFS-related Government Meetings

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jprr99, Apr 17, 2009.

1. jprr99

jprr99 New Member

There are two different CFS meetings coming up in April and May that are critical to the plight of any of us who are effected by the AWFUL illness. On April 27th, the Center for Disease Control is holding a Public Forum in Atlanta regarding CFS and on May 27th and 28th in Washington D.C., the Health and Human Services Department's CFS Advisory Committee is holding its bi-annual meeting. Some of you may remember me from the immunesupport website. I went down to Washington last May to testify in front of the Advisory Committee. Once again I beg you to do what you can to get involved. The more of us that get involved, the better chance we have of getting the attention from the government that we deserve and moving toward treatment and dare I say, a cure. If you can, go to one of these meetings in person. If you can't, send testimony in writing or testify by phone. Get your friends and relatives to testify or write. There's a new administration in the White House. This is a great time to get the attention we deserve! Please, please, please think about getting involved.
    If you go to the Website of the Chronic Fatigue and Immune Dysfunction Association's Website, there is a link at the bottom of their homepage for the 2 federal meetings. Their website is:
    You can also e-mail me at if you would like more information. Thanks in advance for anything you do--

2. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

JP - thanks for posting.

Can you give us an idea of what to write? Just our own personal story, how it's affected our lives, etc?

3. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

thanks for posting this. there is also a meeting going on (it may have already happened or is happening this week) with 8 CFS researchers, i think in NYC. it was arranged by a patient (probably a very wealthy one!). dr. lerner and dr. montoya were/will be there and will soon be working together.