CFS Self Help Class (Online)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LindaJones, Dec 5, 2009.

1. LindaJones

LindaJones New Member
    [This Message was Edited on 12/06/2009]
  2. QuayMan

QuayMan Member

Hi Linda,

This course was mentioned during the week on Co-Cure:
    "The cost of the course, which includes a copy of "The Patient's Guide to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia," is $30."
    - so maybe you could edit the title in your first message to: "Online CFS Self Help Class".
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

There is something about a site that is selling information that we might be able to get for free, that does not set well.

Maybe the people who set up the site meant well, I know it is costly, but are we possibly being taken advantage of?

Will this webpage gives us any special insight, new information?

I don't know but just wanted to add my two cents worth.

Did anyone on co-cure actually take the course?

If I go to Co-Cure how do I get this information? What title is it under?

ETA I am not dissing this site. Just curious.

4. QuayMan

QuayMan Member

Co-Cure is just an announcement list.
    I find it very useful rather than looking around websites as the same information may be on various websites (i.e. I only want to read things once or maybe twice, not lots and lots of times).

I'm appending the message below.
    I have no involvement with it and haven't done it myself, but personally I think it is reasonably priced - you won't get many 6-week courses for $30. And the fact that it has a partial scholarship scheme is commendable.

It does not just offer information but also involves discussion as far as I know. And compared to a lot of the information out there, I think the information it based on (pacing and how to use it practically in one's life, etc) looks good and more suitable for us than the generic courses out there for people with long-term illnesses e.g. Stanford (?) model.

The CFIDS & Fibromyalgia Self-Help Program is currently accepting signups for the winter session of the CFIDS & Fibromyalgia Self-Help Course. The course, which begins January 11, is a 6-week email discussion group that focuses on practical strategies for managing common problems of CFIDS and fibromyalgia. The cost of the course, which includes a copy of "The Patient’s Guide to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia," is $30. Visit our website to learn more and to register: "" .

We offer a limited number of partial scholarships for low-income patients wanting to take our course. The deadline for scholarship applications is Dec18. For more information, see: "http://” and please read the instructions carefully.

Bruce Campbell, Director
    CFIDS & Fibromyalgia Self-Help Program

Send posts to
    Unsubscribe at
    Co-Cure Archives:
    Co-Cure's purpose is to provide information from across the spectrum of
    opinion concerning medical, research and political aspects of ME/CFS and/or
    FMS. We take no position on the validity of any specific scientific or
    political opinion expressed in Co-Cure posts, and we urge readers to
    research the various opinions available before assuming any one
    interpretation is definitive. The Co-Cure website <> has a
    link to our complete archive of posts as well as articles of central
    importance to the issues of our community.