CFS September/fall crashes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shell, Oct 24, 2006.

1. shell

shell New Member

Does anyone else find that September brings on relapses as you get sick from the colds/flus dangling in the air? I have major relapses starting in September of every year that last for an indefinite amount of time. This one is still going... and I SO TIRED!! I yawn about 500 times a day (no kidding). Just wonder if anyone else has this pattern. Thanks for letting me share.
  2. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

The weather definitely affects me. This is the coldest it has been where I live. I'm exhausted too. It also affects my son which scares me.

Take care.
  3. yellowbird

yellowbird New Member

Lately I haven't been getting any, but in the past I would get really sick every fall and spring, either with a CFS crash, exacerbation of another condition I have, or sometimes even with anxiety. I read once that the composition of the air changes at these times of year, the ratio of the gases changes. Maybe we have a hard time adjusting to that?

4. DoveL

DoveL Member

HELLO!!

I have CFS and FIBRO too, and YESSSS, the cooler wheather makes me MUCH sicker!! UGH! I see I am not alone on this one. I need to live somewhere HOT!! But too bad, I don't have the $$$$ to do so! I am sure I would function so much better. Even this Summer, when we had a heat wave of about 90-95, I felt my best!!

Go figure!

Keep warm and feel better all!

HUGS
    DOVE
  5. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

Summer is my worst time. I don't know if it is heat intolerance or something else, but it is a definite pattern.
  6. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Me too!!! It's like clockwork for me. Every September (really begins in late August for me), I begin to have more severe viral symptoms. I start to get low grade fevers by September and they don't end until everything outside is dead.....usually late November/early December.

I really think it's some type of allergy for me that manifests itself in viral symptoms. If it had to do with cold temperatures, I'd be like this all winter and I'm not.

Spring is also hard but not with any consistency like the Fall.

I've had many many allergy treatments.....to no avail.

Strange.....I hate it.

scapper
  7. hot-tubgirl

hot-tubgirl New Member

I live in Florida so it's just beginning to cool down. But last night the temp dropped from about 75 yesterday to low 40s this morning. i went to bed with just a sheet on. i kept coming to and my legs were throbbing - which they haven't done lately and i realized it was from the cold. But i couldn't wake up ENOUGH to go get a blanket! pathetic, eh?
  8. yodasmom

yodasmom New Member

I just wrote a post on this last week because I was so discouraged with these viral symptoms. I feel really siiiiiick and its all weather change I am sure. I actually feel better if I stay in the house but i Hate to start hibernating already. Felt so much better this summer..it was so nice here in the NE plus I have a beachhouse...now I am just sick to my stomach. Why?? Very interesting..definitely a pattern! What to do???
    But in all this my IC is better...go figure