CFS Singles

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blujayhill, Sep 29, 2010.

1. blujayhill

blujayhill New Member

I noticed there is such a group on Myspace, but I'm not sure how active it is. Aside from the desire for human beings to form loving relationships, CFS singles face unique problems I think. Are there others like me who face the challenges of these conditions & live alone?

Is there a chat room anywhere perhaps for people in this situation? I once found a dating site for people w/disabilities, but there weren't many people on it.

I'm sick of sympathy. I want a life![This Message was Edited on 09/30/2010]
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

this subject comes up every so often.....sadly there do not seem to be any good sites for singles with ME/CFS to meet......there is a yahoo grp, but no one I have talked to has ever had any luck with it......I think the format has somethign to do with that

as to the disabled sites, in my experience the people on there are much much healthier and able to have real lives than I am....and people with other disabilities actually seem to have a more difficult time understanding that we cannot just "push through" things....maybe that's because they are healthy enough that they are able to do so, but it's really frustrating finding that the people who should be more understanding are actually less so

I agree that our situation is unique, and I would so love to have other people (friends and/or a dating relationship) around who get it......however, even that might be more than I could handle rt now......perhaps someone who would understand that I might (emphasis on might) manage to see him once every other week for an hour and just doing somethign very low key (& he would have to come to my place almost every time)
    [This Message was Edited on 09/30/2010]
  3. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

If you find one let me know. I know exactly how you are feeling and my age does not help a lot either.
  4. 3gs

3gs New Member

ahhhhhhhhh the memories....

Im lucky to see my family,couldnt even begin to think about dating. I do live alone and have thought about it but,then that good moment passes..

there's a chat room on here