Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladybugmandy, Mar 1, 2009.

1. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hi all. i was wondering if anyone on antivirals can sleep only in the daytime and not at night? ever since i started valtrex, i haven't been able to sleep at a proper time, even if i stay awake all day to make myself tired. i can only sleep at around 6 or 7 am. my clock is completely reversed!

2. nixon

nixon New Member

diagnosed with it, only SEVERE FMS, I have alot of the CFS symptoms though, my clock is screwed up too!! I seem to have a bit more energy at night, usually try to go to bed by 3am, but am up usually by 6am.....sometimes 7am. I'm currently going on about 10-11 hrs. of sleep since Thursday night.........crazy!!! Oh, I'm NOT currently on any anti virals.......Go Figure???!!!!

Andrea the night
  3. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

yes! lol mine has been moving slowly forward too. i used to be able to fall asleep by 4 am and now its more like 7 am.

guess its the hypothalamus involvement..?
  4. jaynesez

jaynesez New Member

this is common in CFS. I have both FM & CFS and can sleep much better during daylight hours. I work full-time and crash all weekend; it stinks because I sleep most of my weekend away but what are you going to do? Then, I'm up until 2 or 3 and my clock gets messed up as I got to be up at 6:30-7:00 to make it to work. I'm not sure what causes this, but it sure does stink!
    Have a happy day,
  5. LindaJones

LindaJones New Member

sleep is important
    if I don't get quality sleep my symptoms are worse
  6. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I have the same problems and am not on anti's called a circadian rhythm disorder and is very common among PCWs....almost everything I have tried has had no effect on it, with the exception of sunlight (or artificial sunlight) still hasn't completely resolved the issue, but it's improved from where I was not falling asleep until as late as 7 AM and the waking up at 5 PM to where I can fall asleep by 1 -2AM and wake up by 12:30 or 1PM....when it's nice outside I make sure to get out in the sun within 1/2 hour of waking up...when it's not nice out, I use a light box for 15 minutes within 1/2 hour of waking, and then I go tanning for another 15 minutes a little later in the day (but not any later than 3:30PM) I said, it hasn't completely fixed the problem, but it has helped quite a bit, and nothing else has.....and yes I know about the dangers associated with Uv rays, but it's worth the risk to me....I was so miserable before - my life is limited enough by this dd, and the circadian issues were making it even worse (plus I get really depressed when I don't get sunlight and waking up at 5PM was killing me) like I said, to me this is worth it
  7. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

thanks for the post. i actually have a sunlamp i bought long ago for seasonal affective disorder but using it gave me a headache, maybe because of the CFS. i have had people tell me tanning helps them a lot (they dont have CFS but do have depression). i have naturally tan skin so i don't go tanning lol

i hope that when the CFS improves, my hours will normalize more.
  8. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

How long of a trial did you give the lamp? I'm asking bc when I first stated using mine, it gave me headaches, too, but after I used it for a few weeks, I stopped having that problems. Also, I only used it for 10 minutes to start, then upped it to 15.
  9. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

I work third shift - but have had the problems with clock reversal for years.

My doc prescribed me ZANAFLEX - two pills and I'm out for 8 hours. I think it's really a muscle relaxant, not a sleeping pill.
  10. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

i had this problem-severe- for many years. but i am much better now. my best guess as to the change---testing and treatment for adrenal fatigue. i have many old posts about adrenal fatigue if anyones interested.