CFS Symptoms, List Yours

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Jan 26, 2010.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

After eight years of this darn CFS seems I am getting worse and my symptoms vary from day to day. I would like for those of you with CFS to list your symptoms and the meds you take for them and how you cope. As I am not doing well because I don't know what to do with me,
    since I am so limited to what I can and can't do.

My symptoms: Fatigue, Body Aches to the bone especailly legs, Sinus/ear problems, Blury Vision, Weakness in arms and legs, Headaches, Anxiety/Depression, Agoraphobia because I am afraid to go not knowing when one of my "spells" will hit. Multiple Chemical Sensitive, big time.
    Crying spells. The past three years I am getting worse, mostly housebound and stay in bed a lot. I want to do soooooooooo bad but my body won't let me.

The only Rx med I take is xanax usually 1/4 mg 3 to 4 times a day, I take vitamins, supplements and aspirin but what I am taking and doing is not helping.

The last doc I saw said to me the only way to get rid of cfs is to exercise... Oh my gosh if she only knew what excerise does to me. I do make myself walk around the house several time each day unless I am in bed with a bad crash.

I want to be so positive but it is getting harder and harder as I doubt my dx everyday. Would like to hear from you..

Thanks and God Bless,
  2. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I get new symptoms each day. Today, I'm in tons of pain all over like a truck ran over me and I was thrown out a building window. I'm massively fatigued with it. I've been getting the short term memory loss all week. Sound and light sensitivity. There are a million symptoms. I have stomach problems, thyroid problems, irregular period problems, MCS, I've got a thousand allergies. I'm allergic to the world at this point. I have body temperature regulation problems and low blood pressure problems. There isn't an organ system in my body that this thing hasn't hit.

I don't even know what to take anymore. Nothing really works and I'm getting worse lately.

PITATOO Member

1. Pain - legs, back, neck, hands, knees, ankles, bottom of feet - does not leave much.
    2. Extreme tiredness - but have been able to work - been working with this for 15 years and only the very first month did I take off - still take about 1 day every other month off because of no sleep.
    3. Anxiety
    4. Sinus problems
    5. Don't get cold viruses or the flu - but get bacterial and candida infections - strange.
    6. MCS - can't where any cologne - cleaning products have to be organic, have to stay away from aisles in grocery store that has cleaining products, laundry soaps - no spray air freshner unless made with abolutes or extracts - which are cheaper and easier to make and use and better for the env. - smoke really bothers me.
    7. No tolerance for aerobic exercise but can lift weights - walking long distance or standing in one palce too long is out.
    8. Sleep problems until I started Trazadone
    9. Ultram/tramadol has been a life saver for 12-13 years - dont'/know I would not be working if it were not for that, not a narcotic but can raise your liver enzymes a bit, but would I want to work/live/enjoy life for 25 years on ultram and maybe chance liver damage or not take it and maybe live 5-7 years long but be in total pain all the time?

Exercise does not get rid of CFIDS/FMS - it helps with pain level and fatigue - the better shape your body is the better you will bounce back from what FMS/CFIDS does for you.

I also have a massage once a week, chiro once a week maybe twice, meditate daily(most of the time). But when it comes to the weekends I'm almost dead to the world from working 60 hours a week. I could probably qualify for disability from work but I would not know what to do with myself.

Yes it gets harder as you age. That is one reason I think exercise help, but I do not tolerate anything but weight lifting that does not get my heart rate too high. I take a lot of vitamins also, whey protein every morning is a must, plus a very high multi and it does not come in one pill you need it with every meal and before bed. Most vitamins are water soluable so you must keep your blood levels high with C, B etc, others that are fat soluable take with meals. I also always take pro-biotics.

We know how you feel. I know my Grandma had the same things I have since she was about 30 and lived to about 90. She hurt every day etc. But she was very empathetic and still enjoyed everything she could.

Take Care, pleasant thoughts....