CFS Triggers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by frickly, Jun 7, 2009.

1. frickly

frickly New Member

Today I was cleaning my kitchen and I sprayed bleach on everything. This triggered my CFS and I became so weak that I couldn't stand and could barely lift an arm. This is the second time this has happened in the last month. I don't think this is a new trigger but it is interesting that I have not noticed it before. I think that I was so sick and felt so bad all the time that I could not notice any triggers. Now that I am recovering and feel good more than I feel bad, these triggers are becoming obvious.

My son who has autism, ocd, adhd and tourettes is such a roller coaster and doctors have always asked me to let them know how he is doing? Is his medication helping or not? Is his new gluten/casein free diet making a difference, ect? I always beat my self up thinking, am I a bad mom? Why can I not recognize this? Am I not paying attention?

I am beginning to understand that, like me, it is not possible to recognize these triggers because his behavior is so erradic most of the time. I am hoping that his treatment with diet, supplements and detox will get him to a point that we will be able recognize what helps him and what hurts him.