Chair helps with POTS in the kitchen

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mbofov, Aug 22, 2012.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Okay, I couldn't resist that pun (wholely unintended of course...) But it's true!

I wanted to make some gazpacho this morning but it involves a lot of chopping (hence standing in my tiny kitchen) and didn't have a lot of energy. So I dragged a chair into the kitchen and put the back against the sink so I could kneel on it, and proceeded to chop and make gazpacho, and after 20 minutes of this I took my BP and it had remained steady at 124 and my pulse was a cool 75 - ordinarily it would have gone up to the high 80's or even the 90's with 20 minutes of standing.

And I got my gazpacho made! It's my new favorite dish, very simple, tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, onion, garlic, cilantro vinegar, lemon juice, salt, cayenne, olive oil, and tomato juice. I chop the veggies coarsely and then grind them in the food processor. So it comes out a thick somewhat chunky soup, and it's delicious and I can eat as much as I want, almost zero calories and so good for you too!

I am going to do this more often. I had thought of using a chair before but just never tried it, and was very pleased with the result. I may be able to cook more now.

[This Message was Edited on 08/22/2012]
  2. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Hey Mary,

Very good hint, thank you for sharing!

Nice recipe too.

Do you have any other helpful household hints?

3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Sorry, that's about my only one ... at least that I can think of right now. There are lots of good recipes for gazpacho on-line. I'd never made it before this summer but after seeing a recipe in the L.A. Times decided I had to try it.

I had wondered if kneeling on a chair, as opposed to standing, would make much of a difference, and apparently it did - I was so glad! Means I can make more gazpacho :)

Best wishes,