Change in fatigue pattern?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Malcolm82, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Malcolm82

Malcolm82 New Member

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience:

Since I first started getting bad CFIDS symptoms a little over 2 1/2 years ago, I have generally had the worst fatigue, pressure in my head, and brain fog in the morning through the early evening,(frequently headaches thrown in but not every day)and then it would "lift" some in the later evening, usually between 9 and 10PM. I generally go to bed between 10 and 11PM, so the "best" part of my day was right before bed. Then I would get up the next morning and the whole cycle would start over again.

Lately I've gotten the feeling that this cycle is gradually changing.

I looked back through my journal this morning and found that
    starting a little less than a month ago (happened to be the day I got my termination letter from my job) that on the majority of days I was not feeling any better in the late evening. In fact I haven't been changing much during the day, unless I do some abnormally stressful physical or mental task, which then makes the fatigue, head pressure, etc. worse. I also have had not quite as much fatigue in the mornings right after waking up as I have had.

On average, I don't think I can say I am any better, but I'm not having as many ups and downs as long as I take it easy.
    My symptoms are just more like the same all day and evening instead of the "better" or "worse" cycle.

Anyone else experience this????

2. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

For the past month, I've had energy in the morning and start to droop in the afternoon. I've noticed that, in the past three days, I don't have any energy in the morning. I can't get any of my errands done. I don't even have enough energy to take a shower. All I want to do is sleep.

This DD is always full of surprises. Just when you think you know how to manage it, it takes a left turn and all your theories fly out the window.

I've been so careful about minimizing the stress in my life, but then the weather kicks off a flare. Guess the only thing we can do is "roll with the punches", but I'm not that flexible and want to get at least something accomplished each day. This is SO frustrating. It's barely even living!
  3. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

Since I stopped working I am able to control my physical and stressful activities much better so I crash less. I pace myself so that I don't over do it most of the time.

Unlike today, two grandkids spent the night and I'm pushing myself to keep up. I can feel my body wanting to crash but I won't let it until they go home. It looks like a day or two in bed are coming up but it was worth it.

I've been at this for over 5 years and do learn something new everyday on how to maintain. Some days nothing works and we just crash. It could even be the weather.

Best to you,