Change in formulation of Intrinsi/B12/Folate in the methylation treatment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by richvank, Apr 7, 2009.

1. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, all.

I've learned that Metagenics has recently changed the formulation of its product Intrinsi/B12/folate, without changing the name of the product. In the past, this product contained folinic acid (5-formyl tetrahydrofolate), and that was the reason it was included in the simplified treatment approach for lifting the methylation cycle block. However, in the new formulation, it no longer contains folinic acid. Metagenics produces another product, called Actifolate, and it still contains folinic acid, in addition to folic acid and 5-methyl tetrahydrofolate. Therefore, I recommend that people who want to implement the simplified treatment approach in the future should substitute Actifolate for Intrinsi/B12/folate. The dosage will be the same, i.e. one-quarter tablet, and FolaPro should continue to be used also, as before, also at one-quarter tablet.

The most recent Metagenics catalog, dated 2008, has the older formulation for Intrinsi/B12/folate, but the Metagenics website has the new formulation. I called customer service at Metagenics, and they told me that the formulation had been changed recently.

Best regards,

2. quamijay

quamijay New Member

i ordered Intrinsi/b12/folate last week. was this too late? how do I know ?

3. spacee

spacee Member

Is there a phone number or website contact you can use to ask?

4. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, quamijay.

I don't know from whom you ordered it, and maybe you could phone them and ask.

Otherwise, the toll-free number for Metagenics headquarters in San Clemente, CA is
    1-800-692-9400. You could ask for customer service. I spoke to a woman named Sheila there, and she gave me the information about the change in formulation, after contacting someone else.

If you ordered it from another supplier, it might depend on how old their stocks are.

Best regards,

5. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Thanks, Rich!

Wouldn't it say on the label of the product if it contains folinic acid?

6. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, Forebearance.

I would think it would.

However, in the case of quamijay, I think she didn't yet have a bottle to look at, and was trying to decide whether to change her order.