change of antidepresants

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jan39, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Jan39

Jan39 New Member

Anyone changed from lexapro to Effexor for ME/CFS and had any good results,need some feedback before I take the plunge ,scared of going back 6 mths,thanks,love to all Jan
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

My son is on Lexapro for panic attacks. Why were you taken off it? Did it help you any? I'm asking these questions cause I dont know anyone who takes it and my son is 17. He's been sleeping alot lately. He is only taking 10 mgs but the doc said he would higher the dosage. Can you give me any imput on this med?
    Thanks
    Carlacat
  3. SCARLETT415

SCARLETT415 New Member

Just wondering why your Dr. wants to change you? I was switched from Zoloft, which I took for several years, to Lexapro about a month ago. The reason for my switch was my depression was so bad I cried over everything. I would be in PT and start crying and the techs would think I hurt myself!!! I think maybe our bodies just need a change of ingredients every once in awhile. Some of the more knowledgable people on this board will be able to explain. From you post though, it sounds like the lexapro has been working for you the past 6 months?? Am I reading it right?
    Hugs,
    Annette(3)
  4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I switched from Celexa to Effexor last year and it was the best thing I ever did! My depression went away and I sleep better. No side effects either! I don't know anything about Lexapro, but I do like Effexor. You can also talk with your pharmacist - they always give me good information!

Annette2