change of environment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LindaJones, Feb 15, 2010.

1. LindaJones

LindaJones New Member

Do you think a change of environment could help your cfs/fm?
    A different environment away from the stresses of daily life.
    Like living in Spain for a year.
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I went on a business trip to Columbia and in one day I discovered the wrong equipment was ordered. It was going to take 1-1/2 weeks to get it there, I was asked to stay. The customer had other service ppl get scared and leave, so they put me up in the finest hotel, next to the beach, free meals and phone calls home. I got lots of sun and R&R. I felt great!

Sunlight and heat have always felt great to me. Fresh fruit (vitamin C) is very healing to the adrenals.

Being so close to the equator was very strange, 15 min from sunset, the stars were out. The sun goes straight down.
  3. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Ummmmm................yeah! :)

Spain, or the Caribbean, or Hawaii, or the coast of Maine (in the summer), or Arizona, or England, or at someone's house down the street that is cleaner than mine!!
  4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Absolutely!
    I don't know how long it would last. I mean if you moved some place new I don't know if getting into a new routine would suddenly become an old routine.
    I know when we've gone away to some place warm (hot actually) I've felt fantastic. It also helped that I got away from all the stresses of daily life like you said. Didn't think about a thing! Ahh heaven.
  5. onset1990

onset1990 Member

and it doesn't help. probably the air quality and my allergies are the problem.

but...i have been to hawaii i think 5 times. each for about two weeks and the air and temp there are the best I've ever experienced. I felt wonderful in hawaii. i would move there and try it if i could afford it.