Change of seasons make you worse?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by springrose22, Oct 10, 2005.

1. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

I have CFS, and have notice that this fall I have worsening symptoms of flu-like symptoms, with increasing dizzyness and some nausea. My daughter thinks that it may be due to the change in weather from warm to colder. I live in Canada in southern B.C. Does anyone think that this is the cold/heat intolerance which is listed as one of the symptoms that is affecting me? I'm fairly new at this, was diagnosed about 8 months ago. Marie
    [This Message was Edited on 10/10/2005]
  2. teacher

teacher New Member

I live in Ohio. I ALWAYS have trouble with the transition from summer to winter. As a matter of fact, I turned my heat on Saturday! :0
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

Even when the weather changes for a day or two, my fatigue and my pain increase

I live in PA and the weather is up and down all the time!
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

Yes, Marie, I too have found that the change of seasons makes all my symptoms worse, especially from summer to fall. My best friend who also has severe CFS is the same. We both just push as best we can to get through this tough time of year.

I have been dealing with this for almost 13 yrs; she has had it for 15 yrs and this is a definite pattern that we have both shared. We are in Ottawa where the summer heat was unbearable. The past few days with the cold weather all our symptoms have exacerbated.

Pepper
  5. scrapnurse

scrapnurse New Member

Me too. I have trouble with season changes too.
    In fact...summer to fall is always my worse flare.
    Non-humid dry 70's is the absolute best I feel and
    unfortunately in Massachusetts I don't see too many
    of those days.

Best of luck
    Michelle
  6. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

I like the hot weather (well 75 to 92) above 92 and it's too much and below 75 and I become a hermit and hibernate till it's warm again.

I am about to shift into my annual hibernation!
  7. paulajoan

paulajoan New Member

Hi Marie
    You just described exactly how I have been feeling lately . I have been so dizzy and nauseous lately and I couldn't figure out why. I have always noticed a change in my symptoms from day to day due to weather but never realized about the seasonal changes. I have had fms for a long time and just recently have been having cfs symptoms also.

Paula
  8. bjdd6069

bjdd6069 New Member

there is a LOW Pressure system, you know on the weather map them big red "L" if it is with in 20 or so miles my arms, shoulders, bicepts, all start flaring, not to mention the hips, and groin area. HURTS!!!!!! Doesn't matter the season, any time the big "L" is in my local area I hurt....
    [This Message was Edited on 10/11/2005]
  9. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

Thank you all for all the info. Now, I don't feel quite so alone, I guess misery loves company!! LOL I have been having to lie down for 18 out of 24 hours last two weeks. I think maybe I'm starting to improve a wee bit today. Take care, all. Marie
  10. Kourysgranny

Kourysgranny New Member

The heat totally exhausts me and the cold makes me ache so bad that I don't want to leave the house. How much fun is that!! We won't even discuss damp weather.

Granny