Change of Vacation plans, hubby spent day in ER

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by razorqueen, Jul 9, 2006.

1. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

Seems my hubby is having kidney stone problems. He spent Friday to Sat. morning in agony at home, and went to the ER in the morning. They kept him there till 8pm under observation, had him on IV and gave him a shot of some kind of painkiller. He spent the day sleeping. I had to work, which felt stupid. I would of like to have been there (not the whole time, but at least so it didn't look like I was a neglectful wife!)
    He should be getting another CT scan done to see what is going on. I don't know if he passed them, but this could be an on going thing for the time being.

We had planned on going to the Black Hills in North Dakota (we live in Canada) but have decided that it could be a risky venture for us in case he has more problems. Its a long way from home, plus in another country too.

So, I am now trying to come up with Plan B. Not an easy thing on such short notice. Something fun, but not too far from home.
    Wish me luck!

Raz
  2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

WOW, what timing! That's what happens when we try planning things. I hope your hubby get's well soon and also wish you luck on Plan B. I'm sure it's difficult at this point and wish I had some suggestions but don't know much about places you could visit that would be close.

You are wise not to get too far from home right now. Better safe than sorry.

Take care and again, good luck,

BlueSky555
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Raz:

I am sorry your vacation got messed up through no fault of yours or your husband.

I hope your husband is better soon and you do take that nice vacation together.

nyrofan
  4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

The Black Hills can wait (do you mean the ones in SOUTH Dakota?) :)

They'll still be there when your husband gets better. Mount Rushmore isn't going anywhere anytime soon--well, barring a massive earthquake. Have you ever been to Sturgis for the motorcycle rally, when 50,000 Harley riders are there?

I hope your husband gets taken care of well, and recovers soon.

Kholmes
  5. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

oops, yes Kholmes, you are right! Don't know why I put North! lol I will blame it on the brain fog! Its too hot in SD too, something my hubby can't tolerate. Its an all round better thing to do (sticking closer to home right now)

Raz