Changing Usernames

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There have been at least three requests for changes to usernames recently. Shirl and I cannot help with this; only our Webmaster can do this.

He is very busy and really has his hands full all the time. Please only ask him to do this if it is really necessary, as in the case of personal security or to protect your privacy.

Thank you.

Love, Mikie
  2. KayL

KayL New Member

I emailed James direct for this purpose, and my reason for changing mine was to protect my privacy. Unfortunately now most of you won't recognize who I am, but it was necessary for me to do this.

Karen
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We sometimes have privacy or security issues in our lives and this becomes necessary. I just hate to see people take up James' time simply because they don't like the name they originally chose.

Love, Mikie
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl
  5. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Mikie , sorry for the trouble but I had to change my name for reasons not related to the forum but because my Husband was reading every thing I wrote and was using it against me thanks you for the help fay
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

No one needs to explain why they are changing their usernames. I just was getting a little concerned at the number of requests and wanted to ensure that people understand it's only to be used for the kinds of reason you specified here. I'm sorry you have to do this, but I don't blame you. Privacy is necessary in marriage. Our spouses don't need to know our every thought.

Love, Mikie
  7. lumediluna

lumediluna New Member

I can't remember how you sign up with this board, but I think if you have 2 or more emails, you can use your other email to sign up a new user? Probably not something the board wants you to do, but if they can't change your current user name and it is that important to you, I would say create a new user with another email.